Mr. Helmet

My eyes widened as I turned to face him again. I didn't have to finish my question as I saw the man holding his helmet in his right hand and realized that he was none other but Adrian Dumas. ADRIAN FREAKING DUMAS!

"What the actual..."

My mouth fell open in utter disbelief. I didn't even know what to ask first, "How? Why? Whaaattt?"

"I know this might come as a shock to you especially since I was an imbecile the other day. Believe me, I'm not as bad as I seem-"

"I know."

"You do?" he asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Yeah. By the way, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have spoken like I did back then."

"Well, I was asking for it."

"I have a question though, if you do care about the poor why did you say those things? And why are you planning to attack my company?"

"I was testing you. You see we suspect that your company, or someone working there, is creating a virus or developing something dangerous. We don't' know anything for sure but we want to investigate," he explained. "Your company has different sectors, labs and scientists so, after hearing so much about you and the type of work you do, I had to seize the opportunity to see if you could be a suspect."

"You realize I almost punched you in the face back then?"

"You did?"

"Not really, but I wanted to."

He chuckled and I just had another urge to punch him.

"How come you showed me who you are? Aren't you afraid that I'm going to tell?"

"Like I said before, you're a nice person. Besides, it might be easy for you to trust us if you see that we trust you." He smiled. "Now if you excuse me I have to go. Be careful and have a nice night."

And just like that he got in the car and left.

I stood in the exact same spot without moving for a minute or so still trying to adjust to this new information. It was too much to take in for one night, so I thought that the best thing to do was to go home, sleep and think about it when my brain and body are rested.

I started walking home and felt my phone vibrating on my waist bag.

Oh, shoot I completely forgot about Levy.

I took my phone and realized that I had five missing calls and three text messages from Levy. I hate talking on the phone so I decided to text him back instead.

Levy (2:10 am): Are you ok?!

Levy (2:15 am): Lisa?

Levy (2:30 am): I don't know if you are safe or not, nor if you can read this or not, but I've installed a tracker on your jacket so don't worry we'll get to you soon. Please be safe.

Lisa (3:00 am): Oh my God Levy, I'm so sorry! So much has happened that I kind of forgot I had a phone. I'm really sorry...

Lisa (3:02 am): I'm ok, no one hurt me. Someone saved me and I'm walking home now. Are you guys ok? What happened?

Levy (3:06 am): Thank God you're ok, I was so worried! Who? We're fine, just some bruises, but nothing major. We've been captured, but I managed to call reinforcements.

Lisa (3:08 am): I'm so relieved. The person that saved me told me they wouldn't hurt you, but I thought he might have lied.

Levy (3:09 am): We're getting close to you so don't move, we'll pick you up.

I waited a few minutes before hearing the motor of a car. The headlights blinded me for a second, then I recognized Levy's black SUV. The car stopped right in front of me and I saw Levy getting out of the back seat. He crossed the short distance between us swiftly and put his arms around me, pulling me into his broad chest. It was the most intense hug I've ever had. Levy's body felt so warm and comfortable in the cold air of the night that I wished I could stay in his arms for longer than the few seconds he held me.

He pushed me back to look at me and cupped my face in his big hands, almost looking as if he had lost the most important person in his life, "I'm so sorry for putting you in danger Lisa."

"Don't be, I knew the risks. Besides, I'm totally fine." I smiled at him trying to prove my words to him.

"Yes, about that, what happened exactly?"

"It's a long story. If you don't mind can we talk about it tomorrow, or should I say later? I'm really sorry, but it has been a long night with a lot of emotions and I feel exhausted."

"Sure, yes." He smiled kindly. "We'll take you home and tomorrow we'll talk."

The hands that were warming my cheeks let place to the cold air of the night as Levy put his hand on my back guiding me to the back door of the car.

The trip wasn't long since we were close to the city already and when we stopped in front of my apartment building we agreed to meet at the Order's headquarters in the afternoon.

I entered my apartment and didn't even bothered to lock the door behind me, take a shower or change clothes. I just crawled into my bedroom and as soon as I felt the mattress of my bed, I closed my eyes and fell asleep. 

Thank you all so much for the feedback and support that I've received on this story. 

It feels amazing to know that you are enjoying reading this story as much as I am enjoying writing it.

Please don't forget to vote (if you think it's worth it) and comment before you go, I always love hearing from you guys!