Eureka

We drove for half an hour until we reached a road surrounded by tall pine trees. At the end of the road was a huge metal gate with the initials D and V engraved in each door. The gate opened, and we drove through it. After a minute seeing only trees I noticed a beautiful Victorian style manor.

The exterior walls were covered with green climbing plants, and the old stones added an extra magical touch to it. The entrance was magnificent, worthy of a manor, preceded by a beautiful, large stone stairway.

Adrian parked the car and got out of the car. I mirrored his action and got out of the car still mesmerized by the beauty of the property.

"You should close your mouth now, you look like a fish. Don't get me wrong, it's cute, but if you keep it open for too long I will have to make fun of you." He smirked, and I immediately felt my face burning in embarrassment.

I quickly closed my mouth, but not before I had the last word. "Wow, you really know how to talk to the ladies."

He walked up the stairs chuckling, and I followed him with a scowl on my face that disappeared as soon as he stopped and glanced at me over his shoulder.

He opened the majestic entrance door and gestured for me to enter the house.

"Welcome to my home." 

Of course, the interior of the house had to be as spectacular as its exterior, but just by looking at the entrance hall I knew that it was in fact even better than what I had imagined. The white, shiny stone floor, the elegant curved stone staircase, and even the crystal chandelier, everything was beautiful. 

Everything was just perfect, and once again I found my jaw resting on the floor. This time, however, I didn't wait for a charming comment from my host and closed my mouth before he could notice.

Adrian closed the door behind us and then guide me to the living room. He told me to have a seat and wait. A few moments later he came back carrying a pile of wood, he went to the fireplace and lighted the fire.

The fire enhanced the elegant details craved on the marble fireplace and illuminated the dark wooden floor. It just made me want to wrap a blanket around me and read a book while drinking hot chocolate.

Adrian turned back to me. "Do you want something to drink?"

Wait a moment, do vampires actually read minds? Well, guess I'm screwed...

Adrian looked at me amused expression on his face. "I cannot read your mind you know?"

Really? Then how do you that was my question?

"Really?" I narrowed my eyes, doubtful of his sincerity.

"Yes, really." He laughed. "Why would you even think that?"

"Well, first I was thinking about how good it would feel to drink hot chocolate by the fireplace and you asked me if I wanted anything to drink, and then I was wondering if you could read my mind and you told me you couldn't," I explained. "Basically, it's like you've read my mind twice. You can't fool me, pal."

He laughed even harder than before. That warm and genuine laugh was music to my ears. "Ok, all valid points, but I was actually just being a good host and you didn't answer my question, so telling you that I don't read minds meant that I needed an answer."

"Oh, yeah. I guess that makes sense."

"You overthink things." he shook his head and went out of the room chuckling.

He came back a few minutes later and handed me a warm cup of hot chocolate that matched the warm smile on his face.

"Thanks." I smiled back, blushing slightly.