Officially a Hunter

I woke up as the warm rays of light filtered through my eyelids. I let out a moan and cover my eyes with a pillow.

It's way too early to wake up.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty," Adrian whispered.

Wait. Why is Adrian here?

My eyes fluttered open as I remembered last night's events. Thankfully, my face was covered by the pillow, so Adrian couldn't see my face, which was probably redder than a tomato.

Adrian started stroking my messy hair. It was really relaxing despite the awkwardness of the situation. I'm not used to... all of this.

"Good morning," I finally murmured, removing the pillow from my face.

"You don't look happy. Do you regret it?"

"No. It's just too early to wake up," I groaned.

Adrian chuckled. "I see you're not a morning person, Grumpy."

"What's up with all the fairytale references and nicknames?"

"I'm not going to answer that. It would be too cheesy and I'm not ready to show you that side of me."

I chuckled. "You kind of already did it."

"Finally, a smile."

"You're lucky, it's still too early."

"It's actually past noon."

"What? I feel so tired."

"We did go to sleep late, or should I say early in the morning." He smirked. "You're lucky that today your Lab is close."

"Yes, I am. Thank you security control agents!"

I finally removed the pillow from my face and sat on the bed. I glanced at Adrian, who was staring at me. I hugged my knees to my chest and rested my head on them.

"Why are you staring at me?"

"You're pretty."

"And you're a creep." I giggled while warmth invaded my cheeks.

An awkward silence filled the room.

Luckily my awesome stomach broke the silence.

"Hungry?"

I nodded.

"Come on then, I'll cook something for you," Adrian said as he got up.

I got up, wrapped in the sheets that were covering my body, and started looking for my clothes.

"Oh, here you go," Adrian said, handing me a pile of folded clothes.

I grinned at the gesture as I remembered what I had read before.

"OCD much?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Just tidy."

"Yeah, sure. Thanks." I smiled.

I kept staring at Adrian, waiting for him to leave the room, but apparently, it was hard for him to get the message.

"Can you leave, please? So I can. You know," I asked, gesturing to the pile of clothes he gave me.

"Of course. Yes." He turned around to leave, but before closing the door, he murmured something, "Not that I haven't seen it before."

I couldn't help but smile at his reaction. He sounded like a child that didn't get to eat the candy he wanted.

I got dressed and went down to the kitchen. As I was about to open the door, I realized that the doorknob was smashed. I pushed the door open.

"What happened to the doorknob?"