The secret is out

A light penetrated my eyelids, inviting me to slowly open my eyes. I realized that a beeping sound filled the room and looked around as if to confirm that I was indeed in a hospital bed.

The door of the room opened, and I saw a tired looking Violet walking in with a cup of coffee. She didn't see I was awake until I greeted her, making her jump and spill coffee on the floor.

"Jeez! Don't do that, you almost gave me a heart attack."

"Shouldn't you be all happy to see me awake?"

"I am happy," she said, walking closer to me to give me a hug. "But to be honest, the doctor said you were fine, so I wasn't worried. Besides, you've only been unconscious for twelve hours, which is not alarming considering your condition."

"How bad is it?"

"You're anemic but you're responding well to the treatment. Since you are awake now, they will probably let you go home.

"That's great. How is everyone?"

"Good. The only one who is still recovering is the mermaid."

"What about Eleonor and her puppets?"

"I don't know much, but Igor told me that they manage to escape. They were able to capture some Weirdos, but they couldn't speak and disintegrated themselves after a few hours."

"How did they find me?"

"Apparently an anonymous tip. Someone saw a man carry what looked like a person into Eleonor's house."

"Wait, we were at her house?"

Violet nodded. "The shed was actually hiding the entrance of an underground Lab and a prison. Apparently, she had been planning this for a long time. They found journals. She's been writing down her ideas, procedures, and complications of her plans since she was in high school."

"Oh God."

As I was thinking about it a sudden realization came to my mind. I had to warn both the Brotherhood and the Order about Eleonor's plans. We needed to stop her before it was too late.

I pressed Violet to call the doctor as I wanted to go home as quickly as possible. After waiting for too long for my taste I was greeted by Adrian. I thought I might never see him again like this and here he was. I couldn't help but smile and feel the joy and excitement controlling my body.

"Hello Sleeping Beauty," he said softly before placing a kiss on my forehead. "Ready to go home?"

"Yes, please!"

We walked to his car and I got in the passenger seat while Violet sat in the back with the bag of clothes she brought to me. Adrian started driving and I opened the window to let the fresh air brush my face.

After a few minutes, I realized something and turned to face Adrian. "This is not the way to my apartment."

"No, it's not. You're staying with me from now on."

"And who decided this?"

"We all did," Violet replied.

"What about my opinion?"

"Come on Lisa, we were already practically living together anyway. The only difference is that we're no longer in your apartment but at my house, where the security is higher, and you would never be left alone."

"I would still have liked to be included in the decision making."

"There, there," Violet said, patting my shoulder.

We arrived at Adrian's little palace and as soon as I walked him I heard noises coming from the living room. I walked there and saw a familiar face cuddling with a blonde.