Mom, I'm home

I woke up thinking about yesterday events. Violet, Adrian, the mysterious woman in the picture, the Weirdos, the Brotherhood, the Order. It was too much, so I decided to take a shower to clear my mind, before going to work.

Once I arrived at the company I immediately went looking for Eleonor. I found her standing by the coffee vending machine.

"Good morning Eleonor." I smiled.

She turned to face me with her warm cup of coffee in her hand. "Oh, hello Lisa. How are you doing today?" She gave me a compassionate smile.

I don't like when people feel sorry for me or pity me. We, Blakes, are strong, at least that's what my grandfather always told me, so I need to live by it and not let anything affect my goals. I need to focus on finding a cure for Violet before it's too late, that is my goal.

"I'm fine, thank you. Actually, I need to speak to you about something I need for my research on Violet's case."

"Let's go to my office then."

I followed Eleonor to her office and sat on the grey couch across from her. I started fidgeting nervously. I hated lying to Eleonor.

She placed a hand over mine. "What's wrong Lisa?"

"Nothing." I shook my head. "I'm just stressed about Violet's situation."

"I can only imagine. Tell me, what do you need?"

"I was wondering if you could grant me access to the classified research base," I asked, looking down at my lap. "I've been thinking that since some of the Labs do research on diseases, I might find something that could help my research on Violet's disease." My eyes shifted up.

"I'm sorry Lisa, but I don't have the authority to do that."

"Then what about the classified research of our Lab? You are our supervisor, so you have the authority for those right?"

"Yes and no," she sighed. "I know you are desperate, but I can't give you access to it. I'm sorry. I really want to help you, but I'm not allowed to that, it goes against the rules of our company."

I let out a sigh. "I understand. Thank you anyway," I said, forcing myself to give her a smile.

"You didn't let me finish." She grinned. "I can't give you the access to the classified research, but I can look it up myself."

"What do you mean?"

"I will analyze the classified researches of our Lab for you and if I found something I'll tell you," she explained. "I know it's not much but– "

"Thank you so much!" I shouted, giving her a big hug.

This was not what I was aiming for. I wanted to get information for the Brotherhood, but knowing that Eleonor was ready to help me with my research on Violet's disease filled me with hope and joy. I didn't need to do it alone anymore.

After I left work I went to visit Violet at the hospital. On my way there I called Adrian to let him know what Eleonor told me. I advised him that the most effective way for the Brotherhood to get the information they needed was to hack the company informatic system and find the access codes of each research program.

Violet was stable. All of her exams came back normal, which for a lot of people would be a good sign, but for me, it means that we can't understand what led to her collapse and coma. If there's nothing wrong with her but she still fell into a coma, it means that her condition could get worse without us noticing it.

That night I decided to join Levy and the others at their favorite bar. When I entered it, I immediately found them sitting at their usual table.