Blood for two, please

Tuesday came quickly. I texted Levy to apologize but he never replied. I guess he needed more time and space. I arrived at Adrian's manor and he opened the door and welcomed me before I could even knock.

"Good evening," he said, imitating a butler.

I chuckled. "Good evening, sir."

I loved this side of him. He led me to the kitchen and I sat on the countertop. Yes, after everything that happened, I feel this comfortable around him.

"So how are we going to do this? You'll drink a bag of blood while I eat Bolognese?" I asked playfully.

"You really don't know anything about vampires, do you?" He laughed

"I know how to kill them." I raised an eyebrow, smirking.

"Is that a threat?" he guessed with a smile on his face.

"Glad you got the message," I replied dryly.

"Well, to answer your question, no. I will not drink a bag of blood. I don't drink blood. I mean, I do, but only from time to time."

"How come?"

"Vampires don't actually need to drink blood to survive. We only need it to be immortal"

"Then how come vampires used to massacre humans?"

"Now that's a good question for which probably not even experienced hunters know the answer," he stated proudly. "You see there are various reasons for that. Some vampires were too greedy and thought that the more humans they killed and the more blood they drank, the more powerful they'll become. Others simply believed they were created by demons and since demons hated humans, they thought that they should hate humans too, and kill as many humans as they could in the name of their creators," he explained.

I laughed.

"What's funny?" he asked surprised.

"Well, it's just that millenniums ago people didn't believe that vampires or any other Mythical existed. I mean, that's why people call you guys Mythicals. So I find it funny that a Mythical, like you, doesn't believe that his race might have been created by demons."

"I've never said I didn't believe in that. I do believe that the first vampires were created by demons."

"But you like humans," I flirted and immediately slapped myself mentally. I don't know where that came from.

Adrian smiled. "Well, it's not because the creators of my species believed in something that I have to follow it blindly. Just look at humans. They were created by God and he only wanted good in the world. Nonetheless, some humans don't care about that and are as evil as demons. So, if humans don't follow good, why should I follow evil?"

"Valid point. But who says we were created by God?"

"I do," he stated. "I know angels really exist. I've seen them in action. They were actually the first hunters. Their job was to kill all Mythicals that hurt humans. God created those angels to protect the humans he created."

"What happened next? How did human hunters replace the angels?" I asked, fascinated by this new information.

The perks of knowing an old vampire.

"Once humans realized the existence of the Mythicals, the angels started teaching them how to hunt and gifted them with the hunter's instincts. That's how the hunters' families were born and why your eyes became golden when you awakened your instincts. After that, those angels left the world to focus on other jobs," he explained.

"Wow. That means I'm like a descendant of an angel. It's amazing."

Adrian chuckled. "You wish. They didn't create your ancestors. They only trained them so that makes you more of an employee of angels."