chapter one

!TRIGGER WARNING!

Casey got off the plane in Washington, alongside her brother, Michael. They decided to move from Illinios, seeing as they didn't have to live there with their dad anymore.Their father was getting remarried in Paris, France then him and his new wife would be traveling around the world together. It didn't bother her much though, she didn't get along with her father and his stuck-up girlfriend, Ashley, very well.

The siblings had lived with their mother, Joyce, in Texas from the time she was 8 until she was 15. Then their mother got sick with lung cancer and they moved closer to their father in Illinois, to make the move easier when the time came. Though, their mother didn't tell them that was the real reason. When their mother died, they moved in with their dad, Roy.

Casey was 17 now and Michael was 22. When their dad told them what he and Ashley were planning for their wedding, Michael had agreed to take care of Casey until she was ready to move out on her own. They both decided that they wanted to move to a small town without too many people. Thus, they were on their way to the tiny town that wasn't even on most maps: Forks, Washington. Roy had bought them a small two-story house that was just big enough for the two of them. He also payed for their stuff to be shipped and moved for them for when they arrived.

"I know we said we wanted to move somewhere small, but this place is like the size of my fish tank back home," Casey said. Michael laughed, "Hey, you said somewhere with not a lot of people, so I found this place for us." Casey sighed. "I know what I said. And I didn't say I didn't like it, it's just really small."

"I'm not looking forward to going to school though. In a town this small, everybody's going to know who I am," she said. Michael waved his hand, "You'll be fine. You did okay when we moved in with dad, didn't you?" Casey nodded, "Exactly. You'll be fine this time too. Make some friends, it'll be easier that way." Michael told her. Casey looked at her brother, "I wish you were still in school Mikey, it would make me feel better and make this a lot easier."

Michael sighed, "I know, Case. But if it makes you feel any better, I can drive you to school and pick you up until you get your own car." Casey nodded, "That sounds great Mike."

They drove for a little while longer, pointing out small buildings, along the way, like a diner and the police station. Michael pulled the car in to a short driveway that led to their new house. He parked the car and shut the engine off, getting out. Casey follwed after him, pulling a couple of her suit cases out of the back. The rest of their stuff had been delivered the night before and already set in the separate rooms.

Casey took the key from Michael and opened the front door. She looked around the small space before she took her suitcases upstairs. She found her room and started unpacking.

Michael popped his head in through her door, "Hey Case, I'm gonna go down to that diner and order us some dinner. I'll go to the store at some point this week and get some actual food for us." Michael said. Casey nodded, "Okay, be careful and don't get kidnapped." Michael laughed, but nodded anyway. "Right, okay. See you in a little bit." Casey waved to her brother as she continued unpacking.

About thirty minutes later Casey had most of her room unpacked and heard the front door close downstairs. "I'm back!" Michael yelled. She went downstairs and towards the kitchen where she smelled the food. "That smells amazing," she said. Michael nodded in agreement. "I'm thinking about seeing if they need another cook. Get some money so we can get you your own car and stuff." Casey nodded. "I can see about about finding a part time job for after school and weekends to help out too," she offered. Michael shook his head, "No, you don't need to do that. You're still a kid, you need to get yourself a life. I know I did. Make some friends, meet a guy. Or many guys, whatever. Just don't get pregnant."

"Wow Mike. Thanks. But I seriously doubt that. I'll make some friends, but I don't think I'll find any guy that can deal with me." Michael shook his head. "You're a nice girl. Slightly crazy, but that just makes the relationship more interesting. Trust me, you'll find someone," Michael said, taking a bite of his food. Casey rolled her eyes, "Whatever you say big brother." Michael smiled at his sister, he loved her more than anything. They were all each other had. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Casey asked. Michael shrugged, "I love you, Case. Mom would be so proud of how you."

Casey stopped eating and looked at Michael, her eyes watering. "I love you too, Mikey," she said quietly. She knew Michael was referring to her depression. It had started a few years after her mother and father's divorce and she barely left her room for 3 months. Casey started to cut herself, anywhere that wouldn't be visible. The only way someone found out was because her mom had accidentally walked in while Casey was getting ready for a shower. After that, her mom and Michael had made her start seeing a councler for it. She had definitely gotten better, she didn't hurt herself purposefully anymore, but she did still get a little depressed sometimes. Michael told her if she wanted or needed to start seeing a councler again, he would find someone no problem. She had thought about it when they first started talking about moving, but decided to just wait and see how things will go.

They finished eating in silence and Casey told Michael a quick goodnight before going up to her room and going to bed, leaving the rest of her unpacking for tomorrow after school.