chapter four

Casey and Bella walked with Mike to Biology after lunch. Walking in, Mike pointed both girls towards the teacher, Mr. Molina. "Hey you're the new girls, correct?" Both girls nodded and handed them their slips of paper for him to sign.

Casey looked around the room, looking for any familiar faces. She spotted Edward Cullen and saw that Bella was staring at him, again. He had a grimace on his face and brought his jacket up over his nose. Casey turned around and noticed that her and Bella were standing in front of a fan.

Bella looked embarrassed and leaned down, smelling her clothes. Mr. Molina handed the girls their papers back and pointed them towards their new seats. Casey walked to her new seat, behind Edward and Bella, sitting next to Mike.

Casey watched as Edward scooted his chair farther away from Bella and covered his nose. 'Well that's fucking rude.' Casey thought.

~~~

After Biolgoy and her study hall, Casey went to her history class. In the last period, she noticed that she shared it with 3 of the Cullen's, Alice, Isaac, and Emmett.

She walked in and handed the teacher the slip that needed signed. "Oh, you must be Casey. Why don't you tell the class something about yourself?" the teacher asked. Casey inwardly groaned, but turned towards the class as Mrs. Jacobs quieted the class down.

"I'm Casey Irwin. I moved here from Illinois, and I live with my brother Michael," she said. "Very nice. Thank you. Why don't you have a seat between the Hale brothers," she said. Casey looked around and spotted Jasper and Isaac Hale sitting at a table with a spot in between them.

Casey walked over and dropped her bag on the floor beside the chair. She kept her head down, because she could feel both of the boys looking at her. She could feel her anxiety increasing and she tried to calm her breathing. There was no way she was going to have a panic attack in the middle of class, on her first day.

Suddenly, she felt extremely calm. Then she started to panic because she shouldn't have calmed down so quickly. But she couldn't panic, she was too calm. She looked to her left and saw Isaac look down at his notes. Then she turned to her right and saw Jasper staring straight ahead at the teacher, but before she put her head back down she swore she saw an incredibly hot smirk on his face.

~~~

The bell rang, signaling the end of the school day. Casey's phone dinged and she looked down at it.

Mikey- I'm outside whenever your ready

Casey- Ok, I'm getting my stuff. Be right there.

Casey put her phone in her bag and dropped her books in her locker. Casey shut her locker and turned around, letting out a small scream. "Oh, my God! Bella! What the hell, I was literally about to kick you in the face," Casey said with a hand over her heart. Bella laughed, "Sorry, I was just wondering if you wanted a ride home?" she asked.

Casey shook her head, "No thanks. My brother's picking me up. You wanna walk me out though?" Casey asked. Bella nodded, "Sure." The girls walked outside together and Casey spotted Michael's black '67 Chevy impala. "That's my brother. I'll see you tomorrow," Casey said. She gave Bella a hug and went to the car.

She opened the back door and threw her bag in. After she slammed the back door closed, she glanced behind her towards the parking lot. She saw the Cullen family across the lot and saw the Alice girl looking at her. When Alice saw her looking she gave her a big smile and waved. Casey waved back and then got in the car with Michael.

"How was your first day, child?" Michael asked, pulling out of the lot. Casey shrugged, "It was alright, I guess. I made a few friends, " she said. Michael nodded, "That's good. Any of them boys?" He asked. Casey nodded, "Yeah, um, Eric and Mike. They're really nice." Michael nodded, "What about that girl you walked out with?" He asked. "Her name is Bella. She was new today too, so we kinda just found our way around together," Casey said.

"You should bring her over sometime. Or go to her place. I want you to be more social then you were when we were with dad," Michael said. Casey groaned, "But most people suck," she whined. "What about me?" Michael asked. "I said 'most' people. Not all," Casey said.

Michael pulled into their driveway and stopped the car. "Look Case, just try. For me, please. Maybe getting out of the house will keep you happy, yeah?" He asked. Casey sighed, "Alright, sure. I'll get out of the house some," Casey smiled. "Good."

They got out of the car and Casey grabbed her bag from the back, before walking inside. After she shut the door, she ran upstairs to her bedroom and shut the door, getting out her math homework. 'This should be fun' she thought.

After spending about 5 minutes on each of the twenty problems, she finally finished her math homework. It was almost 6:00 when she was done. She went downstairs and found Michael on the phone. "Okay, thank you. Bye." He put the phone down and Casey walked over to him. "Who was that?" She asked. "Pizza," Michael answered. Casey nodded.

"Did you go to that diner today?" She asked. He nodded, "Yeah, I start Monday. So we'll probably be eating there a lot." She nodded.

After the pizza was delivered and eaten, Casey told Michael goodnight and went upstairs to her room. She picked out her outfit for the next day and layed it out on her desk. She crawled into her bed and lay in the dark for about 20 minutes before she finally fell asleep.

•••

Outside, perched on a tree limb closest to her window, sat Jasper. He watched as she got into her bed and layed there. He also saw Michael come into her room to check on her before he went to bed, and again around 3:00 in the morning.

Jasper Hale was falling for the girl he didn't even know. And he was totally okay with that.