chapter nine

"Why would Jasper be happy that I moved here?" Casey asked confused. Alice only smiled, "You'll find out soon enough," she said. Isaac peeked in from the hallway. "Hey, Esme wanted me to tell you that we're eating as soon as Carlsile gets home from work," Isaac said. The girls hadn't even noticed him come in. He didn't look too enthused about dinner, neither did Alice.

"Okay, thank you Isaac," Alice said. "Actually I have a question. Where am I going tonight since I'm assuming that Casey's staying in here with you," Isaac asked. "Oh, I don't want to push you out of your room. I can just sleep on the couch in the living room," Casey said. "What?! Of course not! Isaac, you can stay in Jasper's room for the night," Alice said. "But I don't like Jasper's room. He doesn't cuddle with me," Isaac whined. Casey held back a laugh as Alice rolled her eyes.

"You'll just have to get over it, hunny. Casey will be staying in here and that's final. Unless of course, you would like to stay in Jasper's room?" Alice asked turning towards the blushing girl. "Um, I- I don't really care. It doesn't matter to me, really," she said nervously. "Awe look at her, she's blushing!" Isaac said laughing. Alice smacked him, "Be nice! And get out. Casey and I are going to have a fashion show!" Alice said. "We are?" Casey asked. Alice nodded happily.

"Ok then. You two have your girly fun, or whatever," Isaac said. He turned around and walked out into the hallway, shutting the door behind him. As soon as the door was closed Alice switched into fashionista mode and ran to the closet. She started throwing shirts, jeans, shorts, skirts, dresses and everything else onto the bed.

•••

About 45 minutes later, Alice had Casey in a short skirt and a long sleeve crop top. "Alice, I have to admit this looks amazing. But I don't think I would ever where this outside of this room," she told her. "I know. You're not that kind of girl, I just wanted to see what it would look like," she responded. She took the outfit off and waited for Alice to throw the next one to her.

 She took the outfit off and waited for Alice to throw the next one to her

"Here, try this." She threw a short white dress at her. Casey put it on and it fit perfectly. "I like this one. It's cute, but not super attention drawing or anything," she said. Alice smiled and clapped her hands, "It looks amazing on you! You should totally keep it," she said. Casey's eyes widened and she ran my hands over the dress. "Alice, are you sure? I mean, it's your dress," she said unsurely. "I'm positive! It looks perfect on you!" Alice said.

Just then, there was a knock on the door before it was opened. Casey wrapped her arms around herself, feeling self conscious. "Hey Jasper," Alice said. Casey looked up and saw Jasper standing in the door way. His posture was stiff, the way he stood reminded her of a soldier. He opened his mouth to reply to Alice, but his eyes moved to Casey and he stopped.

Jasper looked her up and down with a small smile on his face. She shifted on her feet awkwardly and Alice cleared her throat. "Did you need something Jasper?" "Oh, yes. Esme wanted me to tell you two that it is time for dinner," Jasper said. Alice smiled, "Lovely. Come on, Casey," Alice said. "Oh, um, just let me change first," she said. "Nonsense. No one's going to mind that beautiful dress, right Jasper?" Alice asked. Jasper shook his head, a smile still on his face. "You look beautiful," he said.

Casey felt her face heat up, and knew she was blushing. "Uh, thanks," she said quietly. "Come on, I'm sure Carlisle wants to meet you," Alice said. She nodded and followed Alice out, Jasper behind them both. Alice led them down the stairs and to the living room area. A man stood in the next room, the kitchen, hugging Esme and placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Hey Case," Isaac said. Everybody in the room turned to look at them and the man, who Casey assumed to be Carlisle, smiled at them. "Hello Casey. It's nice to meet you, I'm Carlisle," he said sticking his hand out towards her to shake. She grabbed his hand nervously and gently shook it. Casey felt my nerves basically fly away in the wind and they were replaced by happiness. She was kind of confused by it at first, but quickly got over it when a large arm was placed around her shoulders. "Casey here, is my best friend," Emmett said. "Excuse me, but I was the one who invited her over," Alice said crossing her arms across her chest.

"Now children, let's not argue. It's time to eat," Esme said. It seemed as though the entire family cringed at this, but nobody said anything. We all sat down around the table, Alice was on one side of Casey and Jasper took the seat on the other side. Esme, Rosalie, and Emmett sat on the other side and Carlisle and Isaac sat at the ends of the table. Everyone had a medium sized steak on their plates, among other foods. Everyone else's looked as if they weren't even cooked, they looked to be almost bloody.

Carlisle was the first to take a bite. Everyone else copied his actions, taking a bite of their steaks. Casey ate her food along with everyone else. They made small talk while they ate, but Casey noticed that Isaac barely said a thing the entire meal. She was confused by this, but just figured that maybe he wasn't up for talking. But that didn't seem like him at all.

•••

Dinner was over rather quickly. Rosalie and Casey helped Esme clear the table while everyone else went to do their own things. "So Casey, what do you think about Jasper?" Esme asked. "Um- well, I mean, he seems like a good person I guess. He's nice," she said. She smile at me, "That he is, a very nice boy. Isn't that right Rose?"

"Very nice," Rosalie said. "Casey, would you please go and get me a hand towel out of the laundry room?" Esme asked as she turned the kitchen sink on. "Sure," she replied. Casey turned and walked out of the kitchen and towards the laundry room that Alice and her had passed on our way to her room earlier.

When she entered, there was a basket of folded towels against the wall and she picked up a yellow one on the top. As soon as she turned around, she walked straight into someone's rock hard chest and then fell on her butt. "Might wanna watch out darlin'."