chapter three

Casey and Bella were in gym class playing volleyball with the girls on one side of the gym, while the boys occupied the other side with basketball. Casey tried to avoid the ball as much as possible, knowing how bad she was at sports. She heard Jessica, some girl she met at the beginning of class, yelling encouraging words to the girls.

Bella was doing the same thing as Casey, but as the ball flew towards her she actually hit it. The ball flew through the air and hit some blonde guy in the back of the head. Bella immediately ran to the guy trying to apologize. Casey followed after her, anything to get away from that horrid game.

"I am so sorry," Bella said. "Hey, no, it's alright. It's fine. I'm Mike," the guy said. "Bella," she answered. "And you are..." he said turning to Casey. "Casey Irwin, the other new student," she answered. Mike nodded and Jessica came running over. "She's got a great spike, huh?" Jessica said. Mike nodded, "Hey you're from Arizona, right? And you're from Illinois?" Mike asked. Both of them nodded. "Aren't people from Arizona supposed to be, like, really tan?" Jessica asked, kinda awkwardly.

"Maybe that's why they kicked me out," Bella said jokingly. Mike laughed and Jessica let out an obviously forced laugh, too. Casey just stood there awkwardly, looking between Bella, Mike, and Jessica.

《Lunch》

Casey walked into the lunch room and got an apple with a bottle of sprite. "Hey Casey, over here." Casey looked towards the voice and saw Angela waving her towards her table. Bella was already sitting there between Jessica and Mike. Casey pulled up a chair in between Bella and Jessica and sat down. Angela held up her camera and snapped a picture of the two girls, momentarily blinding Casey.

"Sorry, needed a picture for the feature," she apologized. "Stop Angela. The features dead. I got your back, baby," Eric said winking at Bella and Casey. Angela sighed, "Guess we'll just have to do another editorial on teen drinking."

"You could always go for eating disorders," Bella suggested. "Or speedo padding for the swim team," Casey said. "Actually, that's a good one. Thanks," Angela said. The cafeteria started to get a little quieter, everybody was watching a family walk in like they were celebrities.

"Who're they?" Bella asked. "Oh, them? Those are the Cullens. Dr and Mrs. Cullen's foster kids. They moved down here from Alaska, like, a few years ago," Jessica said. "Why is everybody staring at them like they're freaking famous?" Casey asked. "They kind of are in this town," Angela said. "Why?" Bella asked. "Because, they're all together, like together together," Jessica said. "Jess, they're not actually related, " Angela said. "Still, it's weird," Jessica cringed.

"What're their names?" Casey asked. "Okay, so the blonde girl, that's Rosalie, and the big guy with her is Emmett, they're like a thing. And the little pixie girl, her name is Alice and she's with the curly blonde haired guy, Isaac. I'm not even sure that's legal," Jessica said. "They're not actually related," Angela said again. "But still, it's weird!" Jessica replied.

"What about those two?" Casey asked, pointing to the last two boys to walk in. "The blonde one that looks like he's in pain, that's Jasper, him and Rosalie are, like, twins. And the other one, that's Edward," Jessica said. "So, what, are they like gay?" Casey asked. Mike and Eric laughed and Casey swore she could see a smirk on the Emmett guy's face, but that could have nothing to do with their conversation, right?

"No. No, they're not gay. They just don't have girlfriends," Angela said. "Yeah, apparently no one here is good enough for them. Like I care," Jessica said. She definitely cared, at least a little bit. "But seriously though, don't waste your time," Jessica said waving her fork in the air.

"Wasn't planning on it," Bella said. "I definitely am," Casey disagreed. They looked at her like she was crazy, "What? It's not like I have anything better to do," she shrugged. "Well, which one do you like?" Angela asked. Bella seemed intrigued by that question, too. Casey looked to Bella, "Don't worry Bells, I don't want anything to do with Edward. Jasper on the other hand is my new celebrity crush," Casey said.

•••

From across the cafeteria, the Cullen's listened to their whole conversation. Jasper smiled a little hearing Casey's last few words. Alice beamed at him, "You like her already, don't you?" she asked him. Jasper turned to her, his smile faltering, "It doesn't really matter, does it? It's not like I can be with her," he said. Rosalie sat across the table with a hard glare towards Edward, "I wish Edward would understand that. I know what this means for you guys, but they're humans. It would put everyone in danger," she said.

Alice frowned at her sister, "Rose, you can't really expect them to keep away from they're mates, can you? That's ridiculous," she said. " Alice, you know that it's against our laws to tell them anything," Rosalie said. "What if we didn't tell them anything though?" Jasper asked. Alice smiled at her brother's thinking. Rosalie was about to say something else, but Isaac cut her off, "I'm sorry, but are we really just going to ignore the fact that the funny one thought you guys were gay?" he asked pointing to Casey. "Cause I thought that was fucking hilarious," he said. "Thank you. I knew you would agree with me," Emmett said, leaning across the table to high five Isaac. Rosalie rolled her eyes at her mate, while he and Isaac cracked up about the thought of Edward and Jasper being gay together.

"Oh my God, why is that image in your head," Edward asked cringing at Isaac's thoughts, only causing him to laugh harder. Jasper turned around, feeling someone's intense stare on the back of his head. He looked, seeing Casey staring at him while Jessica was trying to talk to her. She was just nodding her head along with whatever Jessica said. When she saw him looking back at her, she sent him a small smile and wave, him smiling back at her. Jessica stopped talking to her and looked to see who she was waving at, and she gasped when she saw it was Jasper.

Bella tapped her arm causing her to turn away from Jasper, then proceeded to start a conversation. Jasper turned back around to his family and looked from Alice to Rosalie. "We're going to be together," he decided.