chapter six

Casey walked into her history class after her study hall with Alice. She walked to her seat in between Jasper and Isaac, smiling at the two. "Hello Casey," Jasper said. "Hello Jasper," Casey mocked. "Hello Isaac, how are you? Oh, I'm just fine, thank you Isaac," Isaac said to himself. Casey and Jasper looked at him, "What? No one was telling me hi," he defended himself.

Casey laughed as the bell rang, signalling the beginning of class. "Alright, class. Quiet down. Today, we're going to do a worksheet on the civil war," Isaac snorted, "You may work with the people at your table, or by yourself. Begin as soon as you get your papers," she instructed.

She passed the papers down the rows and as soon as Isaac, Casey, and Jasper got theirs they begin to work together. "Hey. Just a heads up, I know nothing about the civil war," Casey admitted. Isaac laughed, "Well, I'm sure Jasper could tell you all about it," he said. Jasper glared at Isaac and Casey just looked at him confused. "Ya'know, cause Jasper's a major history nerd," he explained. Casey nodded, still kind of confused.

~~~

The end of the day came and Casey stood at her locker, putting her books away. Alice came up behind her with a smile on her face. "Hey Casey!" she said. Casey smiled, "Hey Alice, what's up?" Casey asked.

"Do you want to spend the night at my house Friday night?" Alice asked. "Um, sure. I'll have to ask my brother though. He's waiting for me outside, actually," Casey said. "Great! I'll walk you out then," Alice smiled. She hooked her arm around Casey's and walked towards the front doors. Once outside, Casey led Alice across the parking lot to where Michael was headbanging to ACDC in his car.

Casey shook her head embarassed and Alice giggled a little bit. Casey opened the door and Michael looked over, turning the music down and smiling at Casey and Alice. "Hey Case, who's your friend?" he asked. "Mike this is Alice. Can I stay at her house this weekend?" Casey asked. Michael smiled, "Of course you can," he said.

"Great! We can just drive you to my house tomorrow after school if you bring your bag," Alice said. Casey looked at Michael for the okay, and once he nodded she turned back to Alice. "Ya that sounds good," she said. "Awesome! I'll see you tomorrow then. Also, here's my number, in case you want to text me," Alice said. She handed Casey a small piece of paper that had her phone number on it. She gave Casey a quick hug, before scurrying off to the rest of her family.

Casey got in the car and buckled her seat belt. "She seems nice," Michael said pulling out of the lot. Casey nodded, "She is. All of her siblings are pretty nice, too. Except for one brother, I haven't met him. Apparently he's in Alaska visiting family," Casey said. Michael nodded, "How many brothers does she have?" Michael asked. "Four. Except they're all adopted. Except the Hale's were adopted as siblings, Jasper, Rosalie, and Isaac. Her and Isaac are a thing," she told him.

"A thing? Like they're dating? That's some kinky shit right there," Michael snorted. "You're gross. Rosalie is dating Emmett," Casey said. "Damn, they're all kinky then?" Michael asked jokingly. Casey reached over and smacked Michael's arm, causing him to swerve a little bit. "Hey now, you're gonna get us killed! No hitting the driver," he said.

Casey laughed, "Sorry. But you were disrespecting my new friends," she said. Michael smiled, "I'm just glad your making friends." Casey rolled her eyes, "I had friends before."

"But not as many. How many do you have now? Bella, Mike, Eric, Jessica, Angela, Alice plus her siblings and boyfriend. Even I didn't have that many friends," Michael said. "Okay now you're just exaggerating. I have friends now, it's not that big of an accomplishment, " Casey said.

Michael smiled, "Sorry Case, I'm just happy for you," he said. He shut the car off and Casey realised that he had pulled into their driveway. They got out and Casey grabbed her backpack, grabbing the keys from Michael and going inside.

"Hey, I'm cooking dinner tonight. I'll call you down when it's ready," Michael said. Casey nodded and went upstairs to start her homework. She pulled out her math and started on the death sentence that she was assigned.

Suddenly, her phone started ringing, blasting American Idiot by Green day. She picked up the phone, putting it to her ear without checking the caller ID.

"Hello?" She asked, trying to figure out what x was on her math sheet. "Hey Casey! It's Jessica. I was just wondering if you wanted to go shopping this weekend?" Jessica said. "Oh, um, I can't. I already have plans. Sorry," Casey apologized. "Oh, what are you doing this weekend?" She asked. "Um, Alice Cullen invited me to stay at her house," Casey answered. "Oh my God! Really? Nobody has ever seen their house before," Jessica basically yelled into Casey's ear.

Casey shrugged, "Well then, I'm lucky I guess." "Lucky?! Casey you're beyond lucky!" Jessica said loudly. "Cool. But, um, I've gotta go. I'm doing my homework," Casey said. "Oh, yeah, sure. I'll see you tomorrow then, I guess," Jessica said. "Bye," Casey said. She heard a quiet bye from Jessica before the phone went silent.

Casey sighed, "Well, I might as well text Alice so she has my number," Casey mumbled quietly to herself.

Casey- Hey Alice, it's Casey. I just wanted you to have my number.

Alice- Hey Casey! Thanks, would you mind if I gave your number to my siblings?

Casey- No that's fine, but if they text me they might want to make sure they say who it is so I don't ignore them

Alice- Okay great! Are you busy right now?

Casey- I'm just doing my math homework. Why?

Alice- No reason. Have fun with your homework!

Casey sighed and put her phone down after reading the message. She got back to her math and after about an hour she was finished and Michael was calling her down for dinner.

She walked downstairs and saw Michael set a plate of chicken on the table along with mashed potatoes. "Bon appetite," Michael grinned. Casey smiled, sitting down at the table. "It looks really good Mike. You're going to be a great cook at that diner," she said. "Why, thank you, little sister," Michael said.

He sat down and they begin to eat, talking about their day and such. After dinner, Casey went back to her bedroom and packed some clothes for Alice's house.