chapter ten

Casey looked up and saw Jasper staring down at her with a smile on his face. "Hey Jasper," she squeked with wide eyes. "You okay darlin'?" he asked. I nodded back at him. "Um, yeah. I'm fine. I just came to get a towel for Esme," she said holding up the towel. He nodded and stuck a hand out to help her off the floor. Casey grabbed his ice cold hand and he effortlessly lifted her up and back onto her feet. "Thanks," she blushed. He tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, making blood rush to her face and turning it beet red.

He chuckled, "Do I make you blush, Casey?" Jasper asked. "What, no! Uh- maybe? I don't know," Casey stuttered out. "Casey, Esme wants to know what's taking so- Oh, hi Jasper," Alice said. "Hello Alice." "Hi Alice," Casey said. Alice looked at her, a huge smile on her face. "Hey Casey, Esme wanted me to check on you. Did you find the towels?" Alice asked. Casey nodded, holding up the towel again.

"Great! Come on then," she said waving her out of the laundry room. Jasper turned sideways in the doorway to let the girls pass him. Casey followed Alice back into the kitchen and handed Esme the towel. "Did you get lost?" Rosalie asked. "She was talking to Jasper," Alice smiled. Esme grinned at her as she continued to dry the plates.

"Here Rosalie, let me wash," Casey said slightly pushing her out of the way. "Ok," she shrugged. She walked around to the other side of the counter by Alice and Casey took her place. Isaac and Jasper had joined them in the kitchen and Isaac was standing behind Alice with his arms around her waist. Casey washed the plates and silverware and everything was fine. Until she stuck her hand into the sink and right onto a knife. She let out a sharp gasp and pulled her hand out. There was a deep cut down the palm of her hand, blood dripping down her arm.

Everybody in the room froze for a solid 3 seconds before Casey was sent sliding across the kitchen floor with Jasper standing in front of her, a low growl leaving his throat. Casey looked between his legs and saw Carlisle and Emmett holding Isaac by his arms as he snarled and growled back at Jasper.

"Isaac, hey, shh baby. It's ok, it's just some....blood," Alice said. Her eyes darted towards her friend for a second, before she quickly looked away. "Get him out of here!" Jasper snapped. Carlisle released his hold on Isaac and Emmett dragged him outside. Rosalie and Alice followed.

Her breathing was heavy and uneven. She could barely catch her breath. She realized she was having a panic attack, 'of course I am' she thought. Jasper kneeled down beside her and looked into her tear-filled eyes. "Darlin' you need to calm down, steady your breathing," he told her. Casey tried to do as she was told, but it wasn't working. Suddenly she felt a lot more calm and her frantic breathing got slower.

Carlisle stepped closer to them, and Jasper turned around and growled at him. His eyes seemed darker than they were before. "Jasper, I need to make sure her hand is alright," he stated calmly. Jasper didn't move, but he let Carlisle bend down beside her and grabed her bleeding hand. "You're going to need stitches. I don't have any of the correct tools here, so we'll have to run down to the hospital," he said. He ran a cold finger a little to close to the wound and she let out a small whimper.

"Jasper, go get a towel." Carlisle said. Jasper stood up quickly, returning with a towel before Casey even realized he left. Carlisle wrapped the towel carefully around her hand, but tight enough to hopefully stop the bleeding. "Come on Casey. You should call your brother from the car," Esme said leading her towards the car. Jasper opened the car door for Casey and she sat down in the backseat. He got in next to her and buckled her seat belt.

Esme turned around from the passenger seat, "Jasper, do you need to sit up here?" Jasper looked at her almost offended, "Of course not. Do you think I'm going to hurt her?" He asked rudely. "Of course not hun. I just want you to be sure of yourself." She told him calmly. "I'm fine." Esme turned back around, glancing warily towards her husband. Carlisle met her gaze and gave her a reassuring smile.

Casey checked her pockets for her phone, but came up empty. She released a sigh, throwing her head back against the headrest. "What's wrong?" Jasper asked. "I left my phone," she answered. Jasper reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone and handed it to her. "Thank you." Casey typed in Michael's phone number and texted him.

Casey: Hey Mikey, it's Casey. I just wanted to tell you that I'm on my way to the hospital. I cut my hand open and Carlisle is going to stitch it up for me.

About 30 seconds later Jasper's phone started ringing. Michael's number appeared on the screen and Casey answered it nervously. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE GOING TO THE HOSPITAL?!" He yelled. "Ok, first of all you need to stop yelling. Second, I was washing dishes and I didn't see the knife. It's fine, Carlisle just didn't have the stuff for the stitches at their house so we're going to the hospital. I'm fine, really," she explained.

"Alright, I believe you. Do you want me to pick you up from the hospital or are you going to stay with them?" Michael asked.

"I'm gonna stay Mike. I'll talk to you later."
"Alright, bye. I love you," he said. "Love you too. Bye."

Casey handed the phone back to Jasper as they pulled into the hospital parking lot. Carlisle parked the car and got out, Esme following after him. Jasper climbed out and held the door open for Casey. The group walked into the hospital, Carlisle going to the front desk.

"Dr. Cullen? I didn't think you were working tonight," a nurse said. "I'm not. My son's friend had an accident at our house and needs some stitches," he smiled. "Of course. Room 23 is open," she said. "Thank you Jodie."

He led us down the hallway and into room 23. After getting her hand cleaned and stitched, Carlisle wrapped it in bandages. Casey finally had the chance to ask some questions about what the hell had been going on tonight.

"Carlisle, can I ask you something?" She started. "Of course," he smiled. "Is there something you guys aren't telling me? Its It's just, the way everyone reacted when I cut my hand. Just please, tell me the truth," she said. He sighed, "I think it's best if we talk about this back home. Just to be safe." Casey nodded and followed him out. Esme and Jasper met up with them in the waiting room. They headed back to the car and started the drive home.

Alice, Isaac, Emmett, and Rosalie were waiting in the living room when they got back. As soon as the group walked in Isaac stood up. "Hey, Casey. I'm so sorry about what happened, I didn't mean to. Please don't hate me?" He asked. She smiled a little, "I don't hate you. I'm really confused about what's going on....but I don't hate anyone."

He sat back down beside Alice while Casey took a seat on the loveseat with Jasper. Esme sat on the arm of the couch and Carlisle remained standing. "Casey, do you believe in the supernatural?" He asked. "Yes. I believe in everything. Dead serious. There is nothing that I don't believe in," she rambled.

"Well this should be easy," Emmett smirked. "Casey, we're vampires." Her jaw dropped as she stared at them in shock.