chapter fourteen

Casey stopped in her tracks, hearing Bella call her name. She turned around to see Bella jogging to catch up with her. "Hey Bells! How was your weekend?" Bella shrugged, "Boring. Just stayed home and slept, and did some homework. You?" Casey smiled, remembering the dinner her and Michael had hosted. Then her smile faded as she recalled the rest of the night. She could still remember the way her heart hammered in her chest, the shortness of breath.

Saturday, 10:23 p.m.

Jasper came in through Casey's unlocked window, settling down on her bed to wait for her. His eyes scanned across her bedroom, memorizing every detail. Down to the crack in the wall, right next to her closet door.

The door opened and Casey entered, jumping when she saw Jasper sitting on her bed. He rose to his feet, flashing in front of her with his inhuman speed.

Jasper gripped her chin between his thumb and index and middle fingers, pulling her lips towards his. Their lips crashed together, excitement bubbling in Casey's chest. Her heart skipped as Jasper's hands slid down to grip her waist.

Casey moved her arms up around his neck, pulling him down farther. Jasper squeezed her hips in his hands, telling himself this was a bad idea. He knew this couldn't go much farther, he wasn't sure if he could stay in control if the Major got ahold of Casey's body.

His fingers dug into her hips, as their tongues danced in the heated kiss. Casey curled her fingers around his hair, tugging slightly as she felt herself getting more turned on. Jasper's fingers dug harshly into her skin, hard enough to leave bruises. Casey barely even noticed.

The Major fought against Jasper, forcing himself to take control and throw Jasper into the darkness of his mind.

Casey let out a small yelp as the Major shoved her harshly back into the wall. From downstairs, Michael heard a loud bang and called up to Casey. "Case? You alright up there?" Casey pulled away from Jasper, sucking in a deep breath before answering her brother. Jasper was smirking down at her, his eyes almost black instead of their normal golden color. "Yeah Mike! Just bumped into my desk!" She lied. Michael believed her, having no reason not to, and continued with the baseball game.

The Major picked Casey up with his hands under her thighs, carrying her effortlessly to her bed and tossing her down like it was nothing. Casey bounced on the mattress, giggling as she looked up at him. In her eyes, this was just Jasper being a little more confident. She had no idea that this was the Major, after all she had only seen him once before.

The Major crawled on top of Casey, letting his hands travel up and down her body. Cassy gasped as he dragged his hand under her skirt to the top of her thigh. She looked at Jasper hesitantly, not sure what he would do next. She had full trust in Jasper, and if he was sure then so was she.

Jasper was trapped inside his own mind. He could see everything that was happening, but could do nothing about it. He could hear every shakey breath that Casey sucked in, every wild beat of her heart. He could feel every emotion coming from her like a tidal wave crashing down on him. The lust and excitement, the love and attraction. But underneath that, a small amount of fear. Jasper was fuming, he was pissed that the Major had made her afraid of him.

Jasper screamed for the Major to give him back control. He tried to bargain, promising anything he could think of that would interest the Major. Until he said that sentence that finally worked. "You can turn her when it's time." Satisfied, the Major gave Jasper back control, reveling in the thought of changing Casey.

Jasper through himself backwards, sliding across the floor on his feet until he hit the wall. Casey sat up in suprise, her eyes wide as she stared at him. "What's wrong? Did I do something? I'm so sorry Jas-" "Don't be. It's not your fault." Jasper hurriedly walked to the window, preparing to jump out and go home to think about how he could take back what he'd promised the Major.

"Please don't go." Casey called to him. Jasper turned around, his hands still on the window frame. "We- we could just lay down. You don't have to leave," she said softly. Jasper fought with himself as he decided to stay with her. He walked back to her bed, sitting down beside her. Casey pulled her hair into a messy bun as she lay against his chest. Jasper wrapped his arms around her, pulling her comforter up over them.

"Casey? Are you listening?" Bella snapped her fingers in Casey's face, pulling her back into reality. "What?" Oh! Mine wasn't bad. Michael and I had the Cullens over for dinner." Bella raised her eyebrows, "Really?" Casey nodded, a small smile on her lips as she said the next part. "Edward's back too." She looked over to see Bella's face flush as she stared at the ground. Casey laughed as they walked into the school.

The day was almost over now. Casey sat between Isaac and Jasper in their history class, taking notes as the teacher wrote them on the board. Jasper held her hand under the table, brushing his thumb over her knuckles as they listened to Mr. James ramble on about Robert E. Lee.

Casey looked up at the feeling of being watched. When she did, she caught Luke's gaze. He winked, making Casey blush and look back down at her notebook. Isaac and Jasper both caught the overwhelming scent as blood rushed to Casey's face. Both vampires turned to look at her, seeing her head down and red cheeks. Jasper looked back up, seeing Luke Hood sitting with an annoying smirk plastered across his face as he stared straight ahead at the chalkboard.