The first bug - Nouis (LP)

Request for: romione2004

"Dad I've been sick again." Liam whined coming slowly into the living room.

"Oh Love." I said as he curled into my side on the sofa.

"When will this bug go away." He mumbled and I chuckled.

"It will go away in its own time. At least your not scared to tell me when your sick anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"The first time you were sick when we had just adopted you, you were so nervous and scared we'd just send you back." I said rubbing his back remembering the time so well.

11 years ago

"Daddy?" I heard someone say very quietly and when I turned around I saw Liam looking at me with sad, scared eyes while clutching onto his comfort blanket.

"What's the matter Li?" I questioned picking up the 6 year old who was meant to be in bed and he began to cry. I rubbed his back not really sure what was going on but he was terrified about something.

"S-s-Sorry." He cried into my shoulder and I sighed trying to get him to calm down. We'd only adopted Liam and his little brother Harry 3 weeks ago and Liam was struggling adapting to the new situation and was terrified to do anything wrong as even though niall and I had tried to reassure him he wasn't going anywhere he was so scared of being separated from harry.

"Calm down Love, What ever has upset you can be sorted." I promised and he responded by burying his head into the crook of my neck and that's when I noticed he was pretty warm.

"You feeling poorly Li, Your quite warm." I said placing my hand under his top and noticing that he was really quite warm.

He looked up at me then and I knew he was poorly as his face had no colour. I don't know how I didn't notice it when he first appeared.

"Sick on bed." So that's what he was so worked up about.

"Hey that doesn't matter, your poorly you can't help it." I said kissing his forehead and he sniffled in return.

"Sorry." He mumbled again and I sighed. He was way to apologetic.

"Come on let's go and find papa." I said walking towards the office while Liam clung to me.

"Ni." I said walking in seeing him marking students work.

"Yeah?" Niall said turning around looking confused when he saw Liam in my arms.

"Hey what you doing up mister, I put you to bed less than an hour ago." Niall said standing up and I sighed as Liam whimpered worried he'd done something wrong.

"It's Alright Li, I'm glad you came to find me. Liams up because he said he's been sick in his bed you couldn't keep him company while I go and deal with it. I know you can't deal with vomit." I said and Niall nodded sitting back down before I placed Liam in his lap.

"I'll be back Okay Li, Just Cuddle with papa for now." I said and Niall looked up at me.

"What do I do?" Niall asked me and I shrugged not really knowing how to deal with a sick child myself.

"Just Cuddle with him for now, we're deal with it together when I come back." I said before running off upstairs.

I walked into Liam's room sighing sadly at the mess he'd made before quickly changing it with the spare bedding I'd brought in and then bundled up the dirty stuff and picked it up. On my way back down I checked on Harry who was sleeping soundly and then made my way downstairs into the kitchen and shoving the bedding into the wash before grabbing the thermometer and kids pain relief that my mum had brought over at some point. Kind of wished she'd left instructions when she brought that over as I was completely out of my depth.