Ch 9

[alarm is song above, or other song you want to wake up to]

I mumble the words to the song as I wake up, letting it play out and not turning it off yet. I started to get dressed to the song and when it got to the end I finally turned it off so it wouldn't repeat.

"Happy Birthday (y/n)!" Kama exclaimed, careful not to interrupt my music this early in the morning. I looked the date and sure enough it was my birthday. A/n: for the sake of the story if your birthday is not in the school year usually just pretend it is, please?

"Thanks," I say but mumble under my breath, "another day of awkward hope and then unjustified disappointment." Y'all know what I'm talking about...

Unfortunately Kama and her divine senses heard at least alittle and replied, "but you're going to be sixteen! It's going to be great!!"

"Yeah and I don't want to fish for compliments and congratulations, but I still want them so it's just... Uggh! I'll just forget about it until dinner when I can actually celebrate."

I rewarded myself for surviving another year on this ghastly planet with my nicest looking comfy pants Y'all know your power pants that are comfortable and amazing and my nice sweatshirt... Also comfy.

*Bzz bzz* I'm french! Why do you think I have this outrAgeous accEnt you sIlly kIng?!

A/n: FYI this is my legit text tone and if you don't get it shame on you for not watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail. And I find it ironic since the are, in fact, in and are french...😋 If you don't like it switch it out for your own or something. You can do that for any song, book or something that doesn't really matter to make it feel more like you are in it. Sorry this was longer than I thought it would be... I'm done.

I got a text. Opening it up it said 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!' with a whole bunch of silly emojis and gifs. Underneath that it continued, 'just because you can date now doesn't mean you go out kissing boys right away ok? 😉'

'Thanks dad, I won't.' I reply walking to the kitchen for breakfast. I open the fridge and grab eggs, ham, and cheese. I just start to fry my eggs and tear my ham when my mom walks in and says in a high pitched voice, "Happy birthday (y/n)!!!" She isn't really a dramatic person so it's always in a teasing, meant to embarrass, whatever you want to call it way.

I can't help but laugh. I quickly hug my mom thanking her and then went back to my cooking eggs.  I finished and sat down and ate them faster than usual so I could maybe grab some extra stuff (candy and snacks) to help the day go along better.

I walked to school trying to forget and act like it's a normal day. Kama's warm form cuddling my neck helped a bit. I walked into class a little bit early; I was still trying, and failing to suppress the expectant feeling in my stomach. I strode into the classroom prepared to whip out my phone to read or play candy crush or something when I heard a loud, 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY (y/n)!!" That was all the warning I got before I almost, stress on almost, got plowed over from behind... by Chloe.