Ch 14

I paced the floor of my room. 'Why am I nervous?' I mean, she is my sister. What do I have to be afraid of?

'What did boarding school do to her, what will she think of you after two years of being away?'

Ahh, that's what it was. Will she have been hanging with the popular girls and become snobby? I mean its very unlikely, but still possible.

What are you doing? She is fine, she is great, you're indifferent, remember? Not indifferent in a bad way, but indifferent in a 'i don't care too much, but don't hurt yourself' kind if way.

Aaaaaaannnnndddd.... You missed her baking... If anything could get anyone to ador her (other than being just her) it was her baking.

"(Y/n)! She's here!" Someone called from down stairs.

"Coming!" I reply, racing for the stairs.

I came to the bottom and found a twelve year old girl with long brown hair and glasses framing her hazel eyes.  She smiled big and dropped her bag.

"(Y/n)!"

I smiled at her, "hey small bean."

We hugged tightly, when she looked up at me she squinted.

"You're hair is longer."

"Well yeah, that's what happens."

She smiled, "you got anything for me?"

We let go of each other and I turned around, back to the stairs, "of course, stay here. I'll be right back."

I ran up the stairs and grabbed a giant bag. I ran back down and handed it to her. She looked inside and her eyes twinkled slightly.

"You know me well sis," she looked at me with a smile as she pulled out a small stuffed beaver with a Canada shirt on. She continued to pull out a stuffed bald eagle with an American hat on. She gasped at the next one.

She proceeded to pull out a giant stuffed capybara. I expected her to say 'you got me a pig??' but she hugged it tightly and said, "I LOVE IT!!"

I stared at her with wide eyes as she dashed up the stairs to her room with the stuffed animals in hand.

I was excited to spend her couple week vacation with her, but I'm still in school. I don't recall why she was at a boarding school, she was well behaved, she was smart, but not genius-graduate-college-at-sixteen smart.  Oh yeah, she was having problems with the people. She wasn't bullied that I know of, I was in British Columbia, Canada at the time. I wonder if she was doing better at the new school.

I walked up to her room, which was next to mine. She was in pajama pants and opening up her suit case to unpack a few belongings.

"Hey, how've you been?" I asked from her door way.

She looked back at me, "well the drive was long and I'm kind of tired."

"That's not what I meant."

She looked back at her suit case and grabbed some toiletries. "I know." She paused, thinking, "I'm better, the school is more focused on learning so it's better."

I smiled at her compassionately, "I'm glad." I started to turn to my own room, "I'm glad you're home."

"Glad to be home."

I got back to my room and closed the door. Kama zoomed out of my sweatshirt and looked at me approvingly.

"I like her."

"Nice, it would be a problem if you didn't."

"I can't wait to taste her cupcakes that I've heard about."

"You'll love them, but why don't you stick with your granola bars?"

"Why?"

"More for me."