Ch 10

"Chloe, how did you know it's my birthday?" As far as I could remember I hadn't told anyone my birthday. I was so confused.

"You're my best friend how can I not know your birthday?" She replied matter-of-factly, which didn't answer my question but I didn't ask again because Adrien was there too, looking a bit awkward.

"Hey Adrien what's up?"

"Well Chloe told me it was your birthday, so..." He pulled out an upside down hat with something inside tied in a bow. I reached for it, but Chloe shoved something in my hand first.

"Open mine first (y/n)!" I was still shocked by all of this, and I was prepared for something ridiculous to regift, but in the box there was a pair of pretty cool sunglasses. Knowing Chloe they were most likely designer, yet she finally got something right. They were totally my style.

"Thanks Chloe! I love 'em!" I thanked her fully. Then Adrien handed me his gift. I was able to see what was in the baseball cap now and it was beautiful... It was chocolate. I took off the bow, dumped the chocolate in my bag while I put the hat on backwards allowing it to hold my hair back. I unwrapped a chocolate and stuffed it in my mouth.

"You, my good sir, know how to make a girl happy." There was a pause and then we both burst out laughing. I thanked him as well before going to my seat.

"What's all that about?" Nino and Alya asked at the same time. "Jinx!" In sync, "double jinx!" Still at the same time, "triple jinx!!" This is getting crazy, "jinx again!?" By this time we were all alughing so had that they couldn't do it again.

Chloe was the one who actually answered the question, "It's (y/n)'s Birthday today..." It looked like she was going to say something along the lines of 'if you were really her friend you would know that,' but I shot her a glare so piercing that the words died in her throat.

There were a collection of 'happy birthdays' from everyone in the class and I thanked them all. There were a few apologies that they didn't get me anything but I always quickly put it off and said it was ok. I mean no one really knew any way, except for Chloe...

At the end of school I was still scheduled for homework help with Trenton. I was tired with all the 'thank you' s and 'its fine' s that I said today. I think I subconsciously knew that would happen so that's why I never told anyone my birthday, but at the same time I liked the attention just a little bit. The weight of trying to hide it with humility was off and it felt nice.

I flopped on to the ground by the tree we usually meet by. Trenton wasn't there yet and I actually dozed off on the ground with my new hat over my eyes.

[Dream]

Everything was blurry, my initial surroundings cleared a bit but all the people around me were still unclear enough that I couldn't tell who they were.

In front of me was a birthday cake with a very large 16 on it. There was celebrating and then every thing changed to mist. I was in a movie theater with a rom-com on, which was weird since I don't usually enjoy rom-coms (I'm a sympathetic cringer).

I then realized there was someone next to me with their arm around me. I looked over to see a boy, and that was all I could tell. His features kept changing and his face was blurred out. First he was a regular brown with a casual cut. Then went to a platinum blond cropped short and blue eyes. It kept changing, long black hair and green eyes. Blonde with green. Brown with dark green. Dark brown and brown eyes.

While I was watching his features change so did my surroundings change. I was at my door step and the male was standing a bit taller in front of me. My heart started to beat faster as he leaned closer and closer to me. Right before we made contact I heard a voice and then my sight started to get lighter.

[End dream]