chapter three

STEVE'S POV

Peter was a really smart kid. It wasn't like him to just fall asleep in the middle of the test. Tony was right, there was definitely something wrong.

Peter didn't speak much during the car ride home. When we got home I told him to go straight to bed and we'd talk in the morning.

"Okay Tony, we need to figure this out. Did something happen on our last mission?" There was nothing I could think of.

"I don't think so. Steve, I'm scared." I pulled him into a hug, squeezing him tight. "It's gonna be okay, Tony. We'll figure this out."

-the next day-

TONY'S POV

Steve and I decided to let Pete take the day off. I assumed he'd sleep in for a very long time. But to my surprise he was sitting at the kitchen counter at 6:30 am.

"Peter, what are you doing up?" He shrugged his shoulders, avoiding eye contact. The closer I got the more I realize how awful he looked. His skin was pale, his eyes were red, and he had the darkest circles under his eyes.

"Peter, you don't look so good." He didn't say a word. I ran into the other room to get Steve. He was shocked when he saw our son. "Okay, Tony we need to take him to the doctor. Now."

"'No, please. I don't want to go." Peter begged.

"You don't have a choice, bud. It's cause we love you." Steve picked him up and carried him out to the car. My heart was beating a thousand times per minute.

Oh God, I hope my little boys okay.