chapter sixteen

PETER'S POV

I didn't know what to do anymore. I just felt so broken inside. Seeing my dads reminded me of how much I missed home. I couldn't even look at them. It made me sick.

Tom came back in the room when my dads left. "Hey, Peter. How are you feeling?"

"The same. Hey, Tom, can you help me with something?"

"Anything for spiderman! What do you need?"

"I need to break out of here. Like tonight." Tom seemed genuinely surprised, but I knew he wouldn't let me down. "Okay, so what's the plan?"

...

The clock struck 12:00 am, and it was time for the plan to unfold. Tom carefully twisted the doorknob, slowly pushing the door open. I made sure the coast was clear, and tip toed down the hallway.

Tom followed close behind me, holding the keys that he'd swiped from Ms. Prather earlier in his hands. We came upon the first locked door, and lucky for us, the key worked.

Once we made it to the final exit, I realized we had done it. "Thank you so much, Tom. For everything. I really owe you," I said giving him a big hug.

"No problem, Peter. And say hi to your dads for me!" he said unlocking the final door. I finally felt like things were gonna be okay again. I held my breath as we pushed the door open.

Suddenly, an alarm went off.

"Peter, run!" Tom yelled, as he shut the door. I ran as fast as I could, not looking back. I kept going, and I thought I was gonna make it, until I heard police sirens.

They finally caught up with me, and pulled me into their car. "We're just gonna let you off with a warning this time. But just so you know, this is gonna put a damper on your dads court case."

Oh no, I thought. What have I done?

sorry this chapter kinda sucked lol