chapter six

STEVE'S POV

I hated seeing Tony like this. He was an emotional mess. I tried my best to comfort him, but nothing seemed to work. "Tony, honey, everything's gonna be okay. He's spiderman for Gods sake! There's nothing our boy can't handle."

Finally, Peter walked in the door. "Pete, how did it?" He came over and sat on the couch, still looking exhausted."It was alright."

"Do you wanna tell us about it?"

"I don't know, we just talked about stuff," he said shrugging his shoulders. "Well, did she tell you how to fall asleep?"

"Not really. Just not to worry."

"Worry? About what?" I guess Peter realized he said something wrong cause he quickly got up and ran to his room. "Wait Peter!"

"Goodnight," he yelled, already halfway down the hallway.

PETER'S POV

I knew my dads were worried sick but I really just needed to be alone. I crawled into my bed, and closed my eyes. I tried to clear my mind of all harmful thoughts.

I thought about the good times I've had with my dads. I thought about their wedding and how happy they were when gay marriage became legal. I thought about when I became spiderman and that wonderful feeling of putting on the suit for the first time.

It actually seemed like it was working. I was slowly drifting asleep for the first time in weeks. Until Pops came bursting through my door.

"Peter, your Dad and I have to go. I'm sorry this is terrible timing but someone is attacking the city." This couldn't have come at a worse time. No, they couldn't be leaving me. Not now.

"No, Pops. Please, let me come with you!" I begged.

"No, Peter. I'm sorry. We'll be back as soon as we can. I love you." I grabbed onto his hand and began to cry. "Pops, p-please dont l-leave me."

"Bud, I'm so sorry." And with that, he was gone.