chapter nine

PETER'S POV

I held Pops hand as we waited in the waiting room. Every possible thought was flowing through my head. "Pops? Is Dad gonna be okay?"

"Of course, bud." I knew he was lying, but for some reason it made me feel a little bit better. We waited for hours and hours, until finally a doctor came out and spoke to us.

"So, he lost a lot of blood, but I think he's gonna be okay." I had never felt so relieved in my life. "But, were gonna keep him here over night, just to make sure."

"Pops, can we stay with him?"

"Peter, I think you should go home. You're still dealing with your insomnia and I think it would be best if you were in your own room."

"But Pops-"

"Don't turn this into an argument right now, Peter. My husband almost died today and you, you can't sleep and...I just feel like I'm failing my family."

I had never seen Pops this way. He was falling apart.

"Just got home. Please. We'll be back tomorrow," he said whipping away his tears. I started walking out of the room but stopped in the doorway. "Pops. This isn't your fault, you know."

STEVE'S POV

I had never been so worried in my life. Sitting there watching my husband in so much pain was the worst feeling in the world. Why couldn't it have been me instead of him?

And then there was Peter. Tony and I were the worst parents in the world. The poor kid was going through so much at such a young age. I wanted him to stay with me in the hospital more than anything, but I knew it was best that he went home.

I laid on the small couch next to the hospital bed, watching Tony sleep. "Please be okay," I whispered. "Please be okay."

next chapters gonna be sad ladies and gentlemen so buckle up