chapter twelve

TONY'S POV

Our worst nightmare had come true and our son was gone. A few hours later, some men showed up at our house to take Peter's things. They told us how many visiting hours we were allowed and that we had a right to an attorney.

It had only been a day, and Steve wouldn't even leave his room. It was like the light had gone out in his eyes. My once brave solider, now being eating alive inside by the emptiness of his missing son.

"Steve? Honey, do you want to come out? I miss you," I said, poking my head in the room. He said nothing, just starred blankly at the picture of him and Peter that he held so tightly in his hands.

 He said nothing, just starred blankly at the picture of him and Peter that he held so tightly in his hands

"We're gonna get him back, Steve. I promise."

STEVE'S POV

I knew I was being a terrible husband to Tony. I was usually the one looking after him, making sure he was okay when something bad happened, but I couldn't do it this time.

This time was different. I felt this void inside of me that weighed me down. My life wasn't complete without my son. And I was gonna do anything I could to get him back.

PETER'S POV

My first night in the orphanage was just as expected. I didn't sleep. I mean how could they expect me to sleep there, away from my family?

I tried to eat breakfast alone, but Tom followed me everywhere I went. I mean, he was nice and all, but all he wanted to do was talk about my dads, which didn't make me feel so great.

I tried to watch some tv, but it seemed every news channel wanted to talk about "billionaire Tony Stark-Rogers looses his son."

I knew I had to get out of this place, one way or another.