64. Scary

Kayla's P.O.V

"well this is interesting..." The doctor trailed of scanning closer. "what's interesting?" please tell me that she read a book yesterday that was interesting. "your almost five months pregnant and although your bump is slightly growing your baby is too... just not as fast" She wiped the jelly stuff off of my tummy then switched the screen off before taking a chair and pulling it in front of me.

"if the baby continues to grow slowly like this then it could lead to an un-natural birth, it can come out premature, you might start getting more pain thew out your pregnancy or even worst you could have a miscarriage. Normally when your five- six months pregnant it's unlikely to have a miscarriage but because your baby looks like it's still two months it's very possible"

I nodded listening to all the information that she was saying. "so how can we change that?" Justin asked. "well first of all, relax. People say stress is bad for the baby all the time and it is, stress can actually be the death of a baby. So relax, you can go to the spa, take a little dip in your swimming pool or just simply sleep. Find something relaxing to do"

Stress is my middle name but if it's this serious that it's starting to effect my child's life then I need to do something to help me calm down. "anything else?" Justin asked "eat a lot. You have to remember that you are eating for two now so instead of having one chicken wing, have all the chicken wings" I chuckled nodding my head. "do you guys have any questions?"

I shook my head looking over at Justin who was also shaking his head. "here are some leaflets, read them over and over and over again. And when you go to book your next appointment, book it for two months because I want to see how how the baby is doing a month early before it's almost time to push" I nodded before saying goodbye to her.

Me and Justin walked to the front desk and unfortunately that annoying red-head was there. "hey, can we have an appointment for two months please" Justin asked. "you mean three" the red-head giggled. "no, bitch I think he knows what he means and he means two"  she rolled her eyes before typing. "stop" Justin sternly whispered to me. "umm April 2nd at five thirty?"

"yeah sounds good"  The girl wrote it down on a card then handed it to Justin. "when the doctor started talking about chicken wings it really made me hungry" I confessed coursing Justin to chuckle. "here comes the driver" Justin took my hand and led me to the car. He opened the door letting me go in first then he quickly got in after.

"is there a pizza place around here?" I asked who ever was listening. "I thought you wanted chicken wings" Justin looked over at me confused. "that's a good idea! can we get Chinese along the way home?" I want chicken noodle soup. "can you take off your jacket please?" I kindly asked Justin. "why?" he asked but still took it off anyway. "I'm cold and tired"

I kicked my heels off and wrapped Justin's jacket around me. Justin put his arm around me as I rested my head on his shoulder. "I just want to have a beautiful and healthy baby. Does it scare you?" I asked starting a serious conversation. "does what scare me?" Justin asked. "our child might no-"  "don't say it" Justin sharply cut me off not letting me finish my sentence.

"don't think like that Kayla as long as you do what the doctor says everything will be fine" He traced his thumb over my cheek wiping away a tear that I didn't even know I had. "but doesn't it scare you? it scares me. that night when we got into a fight about having babies, I didn't want any because I knew that I would not be able to handle the fear that came along with it"  Justin kissed my full head pulling me closer. "God has a plan, just trust him"