The Rescue

Lloyd's POV

I wake up at the crack of "dawn." Of course, dawn just meant slightly less dark.

My dad had told me about this realm. It is a land of darkness and evil. Never has it had light or anything good at all, minus the time Sensei came here. And we barely encountered any of the problems.

I sit up in my cot and rub my eyes. I look to the others, who are also starting to wake up.

"Good... morning?" Jay greets us, not sure whether to call this morning or not.

"Zane?" I ask.

"Already on it...I broadened my search, and twenty miles from here is another building," Zane answered.

"Okay. Y/n might be there. Suit up!" I say. Everyone gets ready to go as a grab some supplies I found and stuff them in a bag. Food, map (doesn't have buildings, just topography), flashlights, heavy layers for us, a change of clothes that looks like it was for y/n and some traveling gear for her. After I found the supplies, we leap into the air and summon our dragons.

We arrive at the building fast, and we immediately know this is the one. There are lights shining from the vents in the walls and the occasional person outside. I don't think humans normally hang out outside in this realm.

I signal for the team to land behind some large rocks and hide. Hopefully those rocks aren't going to kill us.

We regroup and observe the building.

"Zane?" I ask.

"There are two guards at every entrance... windows are barricaded...the guards are armed with bostaffs...our best bet is the door in front of us," Zane analyzes.

I look at the door. Two burly men are holding bostaffs and are protecting the small doorway. We can take them out, but I doubt it'll be silent because sometimes we suck at the whole silence part of being a ninja. But luck is on our side, I guess.

The door opened and three more men enter the scene. A little light bulb goes off in my head.

"Guys! Five of us...five of them...all of them in uniform...are ya guys thinking what I'm thinking?" I say.

Kai smiles. "I think you're onto something. Let's do it!"

We quickly explain to the others our plan. Goal: save y/n. Steps to accomplish this goal: don't suck at being a ninja; pose as these five men; find where Damien is keeping y/n; secretly take her back to Ninjago...somehow...we'll figure that out later.

We all sneak over behind the men. We attack at the same time in silence, throwing the men off guard and dealing with them swiftly. We drag the limp bodies to rocks we hid at and take their clothes.

We put their black tactical gear on top of our own uniforms and put their black masks on. We quickly tie their wrists and ankles and gag them so that they won't be found. We leave them there in their white underclothes. We grasp the bostaffs and walk to the door.

"Let's go," I say.

I swing the door open and lead my friends inside. The halls are made of obsidian and other volcanic rocks. There are large steel doors leading to rooms along the hall. Now we need to find y/n.

"Any ideas?" I ask.

Cole reaches into his pockets. He does that a lot when he thinks. This time though, he raised his eyebrows and pulled out a laminated piece of paper. He reads it aloud to us, saying, "'Upstairs: Malcom's quarters, base of operations, etc. Ground: offices, supplies, etc. Downstairs: emergency, prison complex. Remember to memorize."