Cinderella

Warning: This one will be super sad. Like right off the bat if will be sad. Have tissues handy.

    P.S it's also a bit morbid.

       Enjoy xD

      Cinderella had the world in her hands. She had two loving parents and never had a need in the world. She never thought that anything could make her perfect world crash.

       How wrong she was.

      Cinderella played with her dolls silently as the doctors talked with her father about her mother's condition. Her mother was very sick and there was no cure for her. Silently, she slipped into her mother's room and grabbed her mother's ice cold hand. Her soft little sobs filled the room as she hugged her mother's frail body.

      "Ella please," her father said softly as he gently picked her up and held her close to him. He kept her away knowing how upset she would be by it. He didn't want her to see her mother like this.

       The day was dark and rainy as Cinderella and her father made their way to the willow to bury the woman they both adored. Her father held her as she sobbed feverishly into his shoulder. He too had to wipe away his saddened tears as the funeral progressed.

        A few years passed and Cinderella's father eventually found a new love interest. Cinderella anxiously awaited the moment that she would meet the woman who had brought a little more light into her father's world.

        The woman was hard, never broke a smile and her daughters were malicious girls who hated the very idea of having a new stepsister. Cinderella tried to look past all of that, but it wasn't easy.

      After her father married the woman, he grew sick and soon after died.

        Cinderella never even got to say goodbye.

       The day of the funeral, her stepmother locked her in the basement and left her there for days. Cinderella's only companions were the rats that scurried about looking for food. She soon became so delusional, that she began hearing them talk to her and she would graciously talk back.

        Finally after days of being locked away, her stepmother pulled her out. She gave Cinderella bread and water then put her to work. Every night, exhausted, Cinderella would be locked back in the basement with her true friends, the rats.

       "A ball," on of her stepsisters yelled one day, causing her heart to race.

       Cinderella listened as she did her chores. "Every eligible maiden is to attend," her stepmother said. Which caused Cinderella to drop her broom and gasp. She could go too! "What's gotten into you," her stepmother asked viciously.

       "I can go too," Cinderella said weakly as she looked at the sneers on her family's faces. "Can't I," she asked softly feeling suddenly defeated.

       Her stepmother smirked. "Of course you can. If, you can get a dress and finish all of your chores," she stated with a growl.

      Cinderella knew what that meant, her chores were going to be multiplied. "Thank you stepmother," she muttered as she went about her chores.

       That night, Cinderella looked at her mother's dress that was shoved down in the basement with her. "I know it's old," she snapped at a rat who was scurrying past her. "but I can fix it up," she muttered softly, felling bad for snapping at her friend.

       As the weeks went on, Cinderella gathered thrown away things and hid them in her room. Finally she had a suitable dress, just in time for the ball. However, when her stepsisters saw that Cinderella had used their garbage for her dress, they tore it apart piece by piece.

       Cinderella ran into the backyard crying. Her dress was falling off and her face was stained with tears. "Hush now child," a woman cooed as she appeared beside Cinderella. Cinderella jumped and asked the woman who she was. "I'm your fairy godmother," the woman stated gently, "I'm here to get you to that ball."

        With a bit of magic, the fairy godmother had transformed Cinderella into a proper lady. She conjured a coach out of a pumpkin and sent Cinderella on her way.

       The prince spotted Cinderella walking into the room and he hurried to her. "Can I have this dance," he asked as he offered her his hand. She blushed and nodded as he took her hand and led her to the dance floor. Little did Cinderella know, each step she took, cracked the glass slippers a little more.

        All too soon the clock struck twelve. Cinderella ran away from the prince and screamed in pain as the glass slippers shattered and shards of glass dug into her feet. She hurried to the coach, but saw just a pumpkin in it's place. Wanting to go unseen, she detoured into the woods, where thorns and rocks stabbed her already bleeding and injured feet.

        Finally she reached her house, where her stepmother was waiting for her. "How dare you," her stepmother hissed as she pulled Cinderella to the basement and locked her away once again.

        Cinderella cried as her friends, the rats gathered around her. "You do care," she said as they nipped at her feet. Little did she know that they were only adding to her problems.

        The prince searched far and wide for his beautiful dance partner, but he never found her. Eventually he settled down with a lovely woman, while Cinderella died of heartbreak and infection.

   morbid? yeah I know. xD