Aladdin and Jasmine

"Get back here street rat," a palace guard yelled behind as Aladdin as he ran through the streets with his stolen loaf of bread in his hand.

       "That's not very nice," he yelled back at them before jumping on a tapestry and climbing up it. Swords almost hit him as he pushed himself up the wall and onto a roof. He hopped a few roofs and then slid down into his hideout where Abu, his monkey, was waiting for him.

      Abu bounced up and down while chattering excitedly. It had been days since either of them had eaten. Aladdin was famished though and he wasn't sure if he could part with his food, even if Abu was his best friend. With a sigh, Aladdin broke off a piece for Abu and handed it to him reluctantly.

      Jasmine had had it with the suitors her father kept choosing for her. "Why can't I find my own suitor father," she demanded when the newest suitor stormed out.

       "You must be married to a Prince," her father chided gently. He wanted to see his daughter happy, but she was making this decision so difficult.

       Jasmine crossed her arms and stared at her father. "It's a stupid law. You're the sultan, why can't you change that law," she demanded with a stomp of her foot. Did being a sultan mean nothing these days? Surely he had that power!

      Her father sighed and shook his head sadly. "You know I can't do that Jasmine," he muttered sadly.

      Jasmine groaned and stormed away from her father. She had so many things she wanted to say to him, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. Instead, she came up with a plan as she hurried to her room. She closed her door and quickly packed a bag. After saying goodbye to her pet tiger and only friend, Raja, then she hurried and climbed out of the window.

       Jafar stared at the image of the boy he needed to find. This boy was his key into the Cave of Wonders. "He's nothing but a street rat," Jafar growled as stroked his beard. "At least he'll be easy to find," he muttered as he hurried out to alert the palace guards to capture Aladdin, but not to harm him.

      Aladdin's stomach ached painfully and he knew he needed to get some more food soon. "Come on Abu," Aladdin yelled as he climbed through the window and made his way back to the marketplace. He crouched on top of an awning and spotted a beautiful girl handing an apple to a beggar child.

       Jasmine whimpered as the man selling the apples grabbed her arm and prepared to cut her hand off, as was customary when you stole.

     Aladdin hopped down and stopped the man by yanking his arm painfully behind him. "Run," he yelled to Jasmine, who nodded and followed Abu.

      Aladdin hopped away from the man and ran off to find Abu and the girl. Jasmine panted and leaned against the wall for support. "You alright," Aladdin asked as he hurried in and blocked off the entrance. Jasmine nodded and softly thanked him for saving her.

     Aladdin shrugged and offered her and Abu each an apple that he had swiped. They ate in silence then talked a little about their lives. Jasmine felt horrible when she heard Aladdin's story, she felt even worse when she lied about her life.

       Suddenly the board blocking the entrance broke open. Palace guards hurried in and apprehended both Aladdin and Jasmine. "Unhand us by order of the Princess," Jasmine demanded as she pulled off her hood.

      Aladdin glared at her, she had completely lied to him about her life and what's worse, he had completely opened up to her! "Sorry Princess," a guard said as he let her go, "but we have direct orders from Jafar to take the street rat into custody."