The Haunted Mansion

My gosh I am looking forward to this one. Best ride ever and the movie is pretty great! This is based off of the movie, based off of the ride.

        Music filled the air and dancers glided across the dance floor happily. Each wore a mask to hide their true identity. It was a time for celebration; the master of the mansion was about to take a big step in his life.

     Edward stood at the window and thought of the words he would say. How could he express his heart to his beloved? After all, that's what she was, his heart. He fiddled with the ring in his pocket and awaited the precise moment.

      Elizabeth stared at herself in the mirror and smiled happily. She knew what tonight was about and she wanted to be sure that he knew exactly how she felt about him. He was her other half and she couldn't wait to spend her life with him. As she was about to go to the door there was a knock.

       She hurried to the door and spotted Ramsley, the butler standing there with a tray. "Master Gracey has requested that you have a drink before you go out. He says, madame, that it is a celebratory drink," Ramsley said as he held the tray out to her. Elizabeth smiled and nodded as she took up the glass and drank it. The glass fell from her hand as her body fell to the floor.

       Ramsely frowned and then hurried off to find Edward. Once he found Edward, he brought him to the room where Elizabeth was laying on the floor, unmoving. Edward's heart shattered as he pulled Elizabeth into his arms and cried. Edward ran off and hung himself inside of the conservatory.

      Darkness swarmed over the house and 995 souls were trapped for all eternity.

    Many Many Years Later
               Present Day

     Jim Evers loved his job. He could sell a house to anyone. It didn't matter the person, he vowed that he would find you the perfect house and he always came through. Today was no different. He was showing a lovely couple potential houses that they could own. However, with each house came a new complaint.

   "There's not enough space."

      "There are too many stairs."

    "There aren't enough outlets."

       Jim knew after the third house that these people were just lookers. Pretty much wasting his time. However, as the couple bickered about the house, Jim's phone went off. He excused himself and answered. Sarah, his wife was on the other end and he used their conversation to scare the couple into thinking another buyer was interested in the house. "We love it and we'll take it," the woman said loudly.

      Jim smirked and then turned around with a wide smile. "Excellent," he said as he held up the paperwork. Once the paperwork was settled, he met with the couple, who previously owned the house to settle the sale. "Could we hurry, I have dinner plans with my wife. It's our anniversary," he announced when the couple wouldn't shut up.

       As he was walking out of the restaurant another couple stopped him. "We're looking to sell," the man said. Jim was a good man really and he adored his wife, but the one thing he couldn't resist, was a job opportunity. He turned around and introduced himself to the couple and lost track of time.

      Sarah stared at the clock and frowned. She was sure Jim had gotten a work offer and couldn't resist it. That's just who Jim was. However, at times like these, their anniversary, she hated that he was so work minded. Hours later Jim had knocked on the door, in his hands he had a giant teddy bear wearing a very expensive watch. "I'm sorry Sarah, a deal fell right into my lap," he said, when he saw that Sarah was still angry with him.