Rapunzel

The kingdom of Corona was celebrating. The king and queen were expecting a new princess. However, the queen grew very sick. It was during that time, that the kingdom began looking for a miracle.

      There were stories about a magical flower that was made by a single ray of sunshine dropping to the earth. This flower was said to have magical healing powers, just what the queen needed. What the people didn't know was, there was a woman who had found the flower hundreds of years before, and she had the flower hidden from the world.

       Gothel made her trip to the flower and sang a special song to it, as the song progressed, she grew younger. That's how she stayed alive for hundreds of years. Once her song was through, she heard people approaching. Quickly she covered the flower, but ended up knocking off it's cover, in her haste to get away. She hurried into the woods and watched as some castle guards gently dug up the flower and hauled it away.

        Soon the king and queen were blessed with a beautiful baby girl. Her hair was golden like the sun and grew at a rapid pace. The kingdom once again rejoiced, but soon the rejoicing ended. Gothel had snuck into the castle and kidnapped Rapunzel, her new golden flower.  Gothel had locked Rapunzel away in a tower, away from the world, so that no one could steal her flower again.

        As the years passed, Rapunzel would often ask if she could go outside, but Gothel always said no. She made up excuses about how horrible humanity was and what would happen if she were to leave the tower, so of course Rapunzel agreed never to leave.

        When Rapunzel grew older, she noticed that every year, on her birthday, there were floating lights in the sky. She tried to ask her mother about them, but Gothel always told her that they were just stars. Something inside Rapunzel told her different though.

       When she turned eighteen, she tried again, to have her mother let her out of the tower. Again Gothel said no, although Rapunzel could hear the fear in her voice. She was hiding something and Rapunzel knew it. "Mother, could you do something for me then," Rapunzel asked sweetly, acting as if leaving the tower was far from her mind.

        Gothel agreed reluctantly. So she then asked her mother to get her rare paint supplies. It was a long journey and it would give Rapunzel time to go see the lights. Gothel wasn't pleased by the request, but she agreed in hopes that Rapunzel would forget about the floating lanterns.

        Once Gothel was gone, Rapunzel quickly packed for her trip and then made her way to the window. "This is it," she murmured as she swung her hair over a limb and slid herself down. Once her feet touched the grass, she gasped. The feeling was so new and odd, yet wonderful. She threw herself down into the grass and rolled around in it.

          Flynn Rider was running for his life. He had his precious crown and he was about to be rich. He quickly ran behind some shrubs and came across a gigantic tower. He stared at it for a minute before walking towards it. Rapunzel spotted him however and roped him around the neck with her hair. "Where do you think you're going," she asked as she tugged on her hair, making him gasp for air.

      "That's my tower and I don't take well to intruders. Were you coming to cut my hair," she demanded as she loosened her hair a bit.

        Flynn coughed and stared at the insane girl. "What," he finally asked, very confused. "I don't want your hair," he added as he tried to get her hair off of him.

       Rapunzel stared at him and tightened her hair a bit again. She walked up to him and opened his mouth to look at his teeth, she wanted to see if what her mother had said was true. Flynn raised an eyebrow at her strange behavior. "You don't entertain much do you," he asked once she was done probing his mouth.

       Rapunzel ignored his comment and snatched his satchel. "Give that back," he growled and lunged for it, causing him to choke again.

        "Look you," Rapunzel started.

       "Flynn."

         "Whatever. You will take me to see the floating lights and I won't kill you," she said as she held his satchel away from him and watched him choke as he reached for it.

         "Look blondie," Flynn replied.

          "Rapunzel."

          "Bless you. Look, I want to help but, those lights you're speaking of are from the kingdom. I'm not on good terms with the kingdom at the moment. So no," he said smugly.

       Rapunzel growled and tightened her hair around his neck again. "You would rather die," she snapped.

      Flynn groaned, this girl was more dangerous than the palace guards. "Fine," he croaked out. "I'll take you," he wheezed as she took her hair from his neck.

       Rapunzel grinned and put his satchel around her neck. "Let's go," she demanded. Flynn groaned and led the way.

       They met up with thugs, but Rapunzel took them out easily, which impressed Flynn greatly. Maybe this girl would be useful to him after all.

       When they finally reached the kingdom, Rapunzel looked around in awe. "Woah! That looks just like you," Flynn replied as he pointed to the painted picture of Rapunzel and her parents on the wall.

       Rapunzel stared at it in awe. "Who is that," she asked softly as she studied the girl who looked just like her.

       "The lost princess. Every year on her birthday, they light the lanterns for her," Flynn said and then grinned widely as a plan came to him. Imagine the reward he would get for returning her to her patents!

        "Let's go greet them," he said happily as he tried to pull her towards the castle, but Rapunzel had other plans.

       First she would get back at her mother for lying to her. "Not yet," she said and she pulled Flynn away from the kingdom.

        Gothel had a horrible feeling and quickly returned to the tower to find Rapunzel gone. She growled and grabbed her dagger then waited. Rapunzel would return some time and when she did, Gothel would be ready and waiting.

       Rapunzel and Flynn arrived back at the tower and she brought them both up with her hair. Gothel heard the sound of someone coming and she stood poised by the window. Flynn was in first and Gothel jammed her dagger into his side. His screams alerted Rapunzel to the danger inside.

        Rapunzel swung in and kicked her mother across the room. Gothel screamed and ran at Rapunzel, but Rapunzel quickly threw her hair around her mother's neck. Gothel choked and struggled, but Rapunzel just kept tightening it. "You lied to me! I'm the lost princess! You kidnapped me then kept me hidden so my parents couldn't find me. You never loved me, you just used me for my hair," she yelled as she grabbed the dagger from the floor and chopped off her hair.

       Gothel was almost completely dead from being strangled, but her death came full on once the hair died. She screamed and thrashed around before falling out of the window of the tower.

        Rapunzel watched her mother die and then looked at Flynn. He was dying and she could no longer help him. "I'm sorry Flynn," she muttered before running down the hidden stairwell that Gothel had opened. She sprinted for the kingdom and demanded to see her parents.

       The king and queen welcomed their daughter with open arms and Rapunzel took her place as the true princess. Her secrets died with her years later.