Chapter 19: Love Potions

Scarlett's Point of View~~~

I was flying through the air, feeling the wind beneath my wings, I couldn't be more free, I live for this twirling and diving I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you. For the first time in a long time, I let the wind carry me. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obsidian's Point of View~~~

I wake up with an emptiness, searching for Scarlett to pull her closer, only I realize that she's not beside me.

"Scarlett?" I say groggily, I search for her around the house and I can't find her, I go downstairs, to the living room to see everyone, waiting for us.

"Where's Scarlett?" Maddie asks concerned for her friend.

"I don't know, she's gone." I said worried.

"Gone? How can that be?" Trent asks.

"I woke up and she was gone." I reply back.

"We have to find her." Ryan says between sneezes, I think he caught a cold.
"Are you sick?" I say smiling, remembering Scarlett when she turned up the A/C.

"Yeah, she wasn't kidding when she said it got below zero in here. If it wasn't for me being a werewolf, I probably would be a Popsicle." Ryan says sniffling.

"She left a note in the kitchen!" Maddie calls from the hallway.

"What does it say?" I ask anxiously.

"Gone. Doing this crap solo. ~Scarlett." Maddie read.

"Oh, great. What now?" Ryan asks bored,

"Why would she do this solo? Something must have upset her..."

"Uhh it was probably when I proposed..." I say nervously.

Maddie eyes go as big as saucers and she slaps me upside the head.

"You proposed! You idiot! It's too soon! She has commitment issues." Maddie yells at me.

"She does not!"  I defend Scarlett. "She said yes to being my girlfriend the other day, and yes to being my wife."

"What!?" Trent, Maddie, and Michael ask.

"No way." Trent says shocked.

"What were her exact words when you proposed?" Maddie asks.

"She said sure." I say.

"No I bet she said. 'Umm sure." Michael says.

"How would you know?" I ask curiously, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Because she gave me the same answer, when I proposed." Michael answered.

"When we find Scarlett, I'm going to marry her." I say possessively.

"We'll see about that." Michael answers back dangerously.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scarlett's Point of View~~~

I've been flying for six hours straight and I can't get enough. I decide to stop at a large castle, by now I'm in unknown territory. I need shelter and rest to think. I knock at the door and there is an immediate answer.

"Hello?" A male voice says opening the door, and comes out a teenage boy around my age with brown eyes and black hair.

"I am an angel of the Lord and I seek refuge." I say to the boy showing off my wings.

"For what purpose?" He says.

"To save the world from chaos that is about to be unleashed." I reply back honestly.

"Come in, I am King Adrian." Adrian speaks.

He ushers me in the castle, and I finally remember him, he was the host of one of the balls. The ball was thrown at another house, because of reasons unknown.

"Have a seat." He motions for me to sit and I do.

"Drink this, you must be tired." His calming voice says soothing me. He hands me a golden cup, in it the liquid looks a pinkish purple and it sparkles.

"Drink." He commands, looking into my eyes, and I'm hypnotized. 

"Drink." He repeats.

I drink the liquid not thinking about what I am doing. My mind is screaming no, that I shouldn't trust him, but my heart is telling me to do drink. And I am so thirsty, I haven't had anything to drink in hours, besides one sip couldn't hurt. Right?

The drink rolls down my throat and I start coughing.

 I feel like I'm drowning, my lungs are fighting for air as I am being suffocated by an invisible force known as black magic.

"Love Potion." King Adrian answers, "Now you're mine."