Chapter 10

The party was roaring and as I had expected I was a little cold. Everyone from the school was here, or at least all the people I liked somewhat. "Hey Maggie!" I heard someone yell behind me. I turned to see my brother's best friend Thomas standing there. He gave me a hug, but kept it quick. "So your eye is looking better, I can barely see anything. Normally things like that take weeks to heal up." He said.

"Yeah, I guess I'm pretty lucky." I said back, tucking my hair behind my ear, a sure sign of me being nervous.

"Soo.. Why do I never see you around at things like this?"

"Umm, I just don't like things like this normally." I said, turning my head catching Danny and Mackenzi mid makeout. I smiled, giggling a little.

"I do have to say, this is the best music I've heard at a party in a while." He laughed to me.

"Yeah, it's Sammy's! You should tell him." I said.

"Sammy? Is he one of those brothers you hang out with? The one with the longer hair?" He said, genuinely curious.

"Yeah, you've only been in the same grade as his brothers your whole life." I kind of screamed over the music, joking. "I didn't know you liked... well... good music."

"My dad loves it, so I love it. It can be a little difficult talking about that with your friends when they don't get it." He said. I'd never seen him speak like that. I guess you can never judge a book by it's cover. "You want another beer?" He asked me. I nodded meekly, my smile not faltering. He walked away and I watched as he headed towards his alcohol. I was broken out of my thought by a very drunk Carmen and a very drunk Sam.

"YES, YES, please, finally! Go get with him!" Carmen yelled at me. Sammy nodded along.

"Go, Mags. Wee gote thist. Its allllll okieee." Sam said messing up half of his words with slurs. I laughed at them.

"Not today." I said patting Sammy's head and Carmen's hand that was secured around my waste.

"But why not? He HOT!" Carmen said. I thought about it for a second, why not? I looked over to Jake who was curled up on a chair with Hannah on his lap. I wanted to be in her position, but I couldn't just wait while he was with someone else. Maybe I should do it?

"Guys, go go!" I said quickly, but Thomas was back before they could leave. He handed me a new beer that I opened myself. "Okay guys, it was nice talking to you. Now I will see you in the house later. Bye, bye." I said to them like I was talking to a baby.

"You two kids have fun now." Sam said winking at me a very obvious wink. Thomas started laughing and I put my hand over my face so he couldn't see how red my cheeks were.

"How about we go play some games at the table and then go sit by the fire?" He suggested. I nodded, following him.

I was drunk to the max. We played four games of stack cup and I got bitch cupped everytime (the one disadvantage to not going out much). I might have been good at chugging, but that also meant I would get drunk twice as fast. Then we continued to play some ruit, which we somehow won. Thomas took my hand, leading my over to one of adirondack chairs around the fire. Jake had his guitar out, getting ready to play something, while others gathered around. There was only one adirondack chair left, so Thomas and I decided to share it. Normally, if I wasn't so schmacked, I would have just sat on the grass, but my drunk self is ooooooverly friendly that I sat right on his lap. He seemed taken back by it, but once I settled in he was okay. I could feel his breath on my neck as Jake started strumming his guitar. It felt like Jake's breath and I imagined sitting on his lap. I turned my head a little, whipping Thomas with my hair. "Oh my god, I'm sorry!" I said to him touching right near his eye trying to see if I hurt him in anyway.