Chapter 8: Cooking

-Next Day-

Yesterday was fun. But now it's time for this stupid family party. Austin's coming over to help set up. But not for another couple of hours. It's only 8.

"(Y/N) are you up?" My mom asks me walking into my room.

"Yeah." I say.

"So right now all you need to be in is work clothes. But closer to the party I need you in a nice outfit with your bathing suit on under it." My mom says.

"Okay. Austin's coming over at noon." I say.

"Okay. Well I'll be downstairs." She says.

"Wait. Mom. I have to tell you something." I say. I take a deep breath.

"What is it sweetie?" She asks.

"So. Austin and I are dating." I say.

"Since when?" She asks.

"Yesterday." I say.

She laughs, "Finally. Michele and I have been waiting for you and him to get together." She says. I laugh.

"I know." I say.

"Well get ready, and be downstairs in 10." She says.

"Okay." I say.

I walk into my closet, and grab a pair of my work out shorts. They are black Nike shorts. Then I grab a blue tank top. I put them on, and then I go into my bathroom and put up my hair into a pony tail, and put on light makeup.

Once I'm finished I walk downstairs, and look for my mom. I walk outside, and see that she's setting up the picnic tables.

"Come help me please." My mom says. I walk over and help her. I put the plates down, and put the candles down. Once I'm finished helping my mom. I go inside, and start making the Ham we always make for these family parties.

"Mom." I say.

"Yes?" She asks walking into the kitchen.

"What time are the Lowe's coming over?" I ask. She looks at her watch.

"Probably another 2 hours." She says. I look at the clock and see it's 8:30.

"So they are gonna be here at 10:30." I ask.

"That's what your aunt told me." My mom says.

"Okay." I say putting the glaze on the ham.

"Can you also make the pork loin, shape the patties, and make the cookies please?" My mom asks.

"I was already planning on it. So yes." I say.

"Thank you!" My mom says walking outside. Once the ham is ready, I put it in the top oven, and preheat the bottom oven to 350°. Okay. Time to work on the patties.

I get the ground beef out of the fridge, and mix the seasoning in it. Once that's finish I start shaping the patties.

-later-

I finally finish making the pork loin, and shaping the patties. Now all I have to do is make the cookies. I hear a knock on the door.

I put the spoon that I'm using down, and walk to the front door. I see my cousins.

"Hi guys." I say.

"Hi (Y/N)." They all say. I hug them.

"(Y/N)." Alyssa says when she hugs me.

"Alyssa." I say.

"So is your friend Austin coming over today?" She asks as we walk into the kitchen.

"Boyfriend. And yes. He is. He will be here in an hour and a half." I say.

"Since when are you guys dating?" She asks me. I put the chocolate chips in the mix, and turn on the mixer.

"Since yesterday." I say. I stop the mixer, and take a spatula and start getting the dough out of the whisks.

"Okay." Alyssa says. She puts her fingers in the dough.

"Seriously?" I say in an annoyed tone.

"What?" She asks with a smirk on her face.

"Your hands are probably disgusting and you just put them in the cookie dough." I say while I pull the bowl away from her.

"Whatever." Alyssa says. She walks outside, and I scrap the whole bowl of dough and start over. I hear another knock on the door. I walk over to the door, and answer it. It's Austin.

"You're here early." I grab his hand and pull him in the door.

"Well I saw your cousins car was here. So I got ready and came over." Austin says. I smile, then kiss him.

"Thank you for coming." I say.

"It's not like I come every year." Austin says. I laugh.

"True." I say walking into the kitchen.

"So what are you doing?" Austin asks, while going in the fridge and grabbing a Coke.

"Re-making the cookies." I say.

"Why are you re-making them?" He asks.

"Well I had them ready to bake, and then Alyssa stuck her dirty ass hands in the batter." I say.

"Do you need help?" Austin asks.

"No I'm good." I say.

"Well I'm gonna help anyway." Austin says. I laugh, and he wraps his arms around my waist, and puts is chin on my shoulder. He starts singing in my ear, and I smile. I start putting the cookies on the sheet. Someone clears there throat. I look up and see Alyssa, standing there in her bathing suit.

"Oh hi Austin." She says smiling with her hand on her hip. I roll my eyes.

"Hi Alyssa." Austin says. He grabs my hand, and steps away from me. I put the cookies in the oven.

"So how are you?" Alyssa asks.

"Good." Austin says. Alyssa grabs Austin's hand.

"Come out and swim with me." She says.

"I'm fine." Austin says taking his hand back.

"Oh come on. (Y/N) will be out in a little bit." She says.

"Go. I'm just gonna set the timer for this, and I'll be out in a minute." I say.

"Okay." Austin says. He kisses me, and then walks outside. I just want this day to be over.

Best FriendsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara