Chapter 9: Party Time

I set the timer for the cookies and then walk out back. I walk over to my mom.

"I'm gonna go change into my suit, I set the timer in the kitchen for the cookies. Can you take them out when there finished?" I ask.

"Yep. Go have fun." She says. I hug her, and then look over at Austin and Alyssa. She's hugging him, and being all touchy. I roll my eyes and walk inside. I go up to my room, and get out my galaxy bandeau top and my black bottoms. I look out my window, and see Alyssa is still being really touchy. But Austin keeps pushing her away. I roll my eyes, and change. I lay down on my bed and scroll through my phone. After about 5 minutes someone knocks at my door.

"Come in." I say. I look up and see Alyssa walking in.

"Hello." She says.

"What in the hell do you want?" I ask.

"Well to do this." She says. She walks over, lifts her hand and she smacks me.

"What the hell was that for?" I ask.

"For stealing Austin away from me." She says.

"I didn't really steal him from you. You never had him in the first place." I say.

"I'm gonna get him back, I always get what I want." She says.

"That's what you think." I say. She smacks me again. I'm not gonna hit her. I'm not gonna stoop down to that level. I clench my fists together and open the door for her to leave. She walks out with a smile on her face.

I lock my door, and lay down on my bed. I put my face in my pillow and scream. I start crying. Why the hell does Alyssa have to be such a bitch. God.

I get up and go into my bathroom. I look at my eyes which are red and puffy, and my cheek is turning red from where Alyssa smacked me.

I go into my drawer and grab my makeup bag. Then grab my concealer. I put my concealer on my cheek, and concealer under my eyes. Once I put that on. I put my powder on. Then I put on eyeliner and mascara on. I look nice. I walk out of the bathroom, and put my sun glasses on. I also grab my tanning oil. I'm not planning on swimming.

I walk downstairs, and grab some chips out of the bowl. Then I walk outside. My mom and my aunt are sitting at the table catching up. Alyssa, Austin, and my sisters are in the pool. My dad and my uncle are at the grill. I walk over to the lawn chairs, and lay my towel down.

I put my tanning oil on, and then I put my headphones in and start playing music. I lay down on my stomach, and start tanning my back. I feel my phone go off. I pick it up and see Austin texted me. I look up and see him looking at me worried.

Text Conversation

A: Are you okay?

Y: Yeah. I'm fine. I'm just tanning.

A: Okay babe.

I put my phone down, and just listen to my music.

After 15 minutes, I flip over and start tanning my front side. I put on more tanning oil just incase it's rubbed off. 

It's been about 10 minutes, I open up my eyes, and see that everyone has gotten out of the pool, and they are playing volleyball. Except Austin. Who's still in the pool. I take out my headphones, and walk over to the pool.

I slowly walk into the pool. Holy shit it's cold. I swim over to Austin who has his back to me. Once I get to him, I wrap my arms around his torso, and start kissing his shoulder.

"Alyssa. I said I don't like you like that, leave me alone." He says sternly. I laugh.

"It's not Alyssa." I say. He looks back and sees me. He smiles.

"Oh. I thought you were Alyssa. She's been such a pain in the ass all day." He says wrapping his arms around waist. I move my hands around his neck. He takes me into the little cave we have under the waterfall in my pool. We sit down on the love seat.

"I could see that." I say. He laughs, and then I kiss him, which turns into a make out session.

"Kids! Food!" I hear my mom shout. I grab Austin's hand and we swim out from under the waterfall, and walk out to the chairs. I grab my towel, and Austin grabs his. He takes my hand, and we start walking towards the food table.

I grab a plate, and Austin grabs one. I get 3 pieces of pork loin, some macaroni, some mashed potatoes, and a slice of ham. Austin gets 2 burgers, macaroni, and mashed potatoes. We walk over and sit by ourselves.

"So are you having fun?" I ask.

"Besides the fact that your cousin is throwing herself on me. Yes." Austin says. He rests his hand on my thigh and smiles.

"Good." I say, I scoot closer to him and lean into him. He kisses the top of my head.

Austin and I sit there and talk until we finish eating, and get back in the pool.