Chapter 60: I Missed You

Dinner was amazing. Michele made steak and mashed potatoes. It was so good.

"So I think your parents are at the house." Austin says.

"Lame." I say. Austin laughs.

"You'll still see me. It's not like I live 3 hours away." He says.

"More like 3 minutes." Michele says. Austin and I both laugh.

"I'll walk you over, but then I'll leave cuz you need some family time." He says.

"Fine." I say. I walk over and hug Michele.

"I'll see you soon." Michele says.

"Mhm. Love you momma." I say.

"Love you too." She says. I grab Austin's hand.

"I'll be back in 5 minutes." Austin says to Michele.

"Okay." She says. We walk out the door and see my moms minivan parked in the driveway in front of the huge U-haul truck. Then she walks out of the house.

"Hi mom." I say. She smiles and walks over to Austin and I.

"Hi guys." She says. I let go of Austin's hand and run over to her and hug her.

"I missed you." I say.

"I missed you too." She says.

"So how was the drive?" I ask.

"Good, long." She says. I laugh.

"I know." I say.

"Why don't you go in and unpack the boxes that I put in your room." She says.

"Okay." I say.

"I'm gonna get back to my mom." Austin says. I look at him and frown.

"Okay." I say. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his neck.

"I'll see you tomorrow okay." He says.

"Okay." I say. I stand up on my tippy toes and kiss him.

"Love you." He says.

"Love you too." I say. I kiss him one more time and then walk into my house and into my room.

I walk over to the box sitting on my bed that my dad just put in here. I open it and see its a bunch of pictures of Austin and I. I smile and close the box.

"Hey honey. Coming through." My dad says while he's walking with my sister. I move out of the way as my dad and sister put my white dresser down. My sister walks out of the room.

"Hi dad." I say. I walk over and hug him.

"Hi honey. I like the color of your room." He says.

"Thanks." I say.

"When did you paint it?" He asks.

"This morning. It should be dry." I say. I touch the wall and see that the paint is dry.

"So your mirror is downstairs in the kitchen with your desk and nightstand." He says.

"Okay. I'll be down in a little bit to get it. I'm going to put some of my clothes into my dresser and empty some of my boxes." I say to him.

"Okay." He says. He walks out of the room and I put the pictures on top of my dresser and then start putting m clothes away.

This is going to be a long night.