How To Waltz ◤Sal Fisher◢

Author's note : I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL AND GUESs what this is a sONG FIC WHERE YOu and Sal dance and I know it all has been Sal oneshots and nearly none of the others but baby blue is just too cute im so sorry and hope you enjoy this one!! also, i hope you dont mind the larry/ash ship here because it's for a reason also, again, hope you guys enjoy! ◢ 

You enter the school, just after being dropped off by your dad. You blink, seeing everyone so happy. You see a few people with flowers, with balloons, and with all the fuss, you kind of roll your eyes- though you didn't mean it as you smile. 

"Y/N! Y/N!!!" 

You turn, nearly being crashed into by Ash if you hadn't caught her first. She's smiling so wide, tears ready to fall from her eyes. You widen your eyes, asking, "Wha-What happened?"

"N-Nothing I'm just so happy a-and-!"

You sigh a bit, bringing her to the nearest bathroom. She breaks into tears, hugging you. 

"What happened?" You ask again.

"I-I don't know, I'm sorry, I panicked!" She exclaims, wiping the tears streaming down her face. "S-Someone asked me out, they had the balloons and sign and everything and-and I feel so bad!"

".. You turned them down, didn't you?" 

She nods.

"It's alright, no one's forcing you to go." You pull her into a hug. "I mean, who asked you out anyway?"

"Markus Kastro." She shudders, now feeling better.

"Nope, nope, nope, not allowing you to go with him." You cross your arms. "Who do you want to go with anyway?"

"No one, I was thinking if no one decent asks me out today you and I can go together-"

"It's Sal, isn't it."

"No!" She looks at you with wide eyes, incredulous at your guess. "No, it- it's Larry! Besides, you'd want Sal to ask you out!"

"I was kidding, I just wanted you to admit it, at least I know I do." You give her finger guns, laughing. She pouts at you. "Anyway, let's go to our first class?"

"Yup, thanks Y/N! You're the best."

Classes went good for the rest of the day, you meet up with Sal, Larry, Ash, and Todd in the cafeteria. You sit with them, complaining about your previous class.

"- and god forbid that I will smack the fuck out of Markus if he stops pestering me about-" You pause in your rant, seeing Ash hold up her hand to see it intertwined with Larry. Your mood suddenly changes, causing you to squeal about your friends, "- oH MY GOD LARRY YOU-?!"

"I was actually going to ask her earlier but Markus beat me to it." Larry chuckles. "Also, I didn't only ask her to the prom."

".. You asked her to be-"

"I asked her to be my girlfriend!"

You continue to gush about them, not noticing Sal's stares towards you. You were so preoccupied about your best friends being together. 

Soon lunch ends, as does school after a few minutes after. You walk home with the squad, still gushing about Larry and Ash being together. You chuckles, walking behind with Sal.

"They're so fucking cute, I've been waiting for this day since meeting Ash!" You laugh. You turn to him, finally asking him, "Hey Sal, are you going to prom too?"

"Yeah, but the thing is.." He acts sheepish, doing his plan. "I don't know how to waltz."

"I can teach you." You offer, smiling. "I can teach you right now, actually, since my parents would be home late."

"Cool."

You follow Sal to his apartment, since Larry and Ash decided to go to the cafe near the school to go on a date and decide on what to wear for prom. They're so cute, you're still so happy.

Dropping your bag at his room, you ask him, "Your house is a little too small to dance it, is there any place I can teach you?"

"Well, there's the roof top."

"There's a roof top?!"

"Why wouldn't there be?"

You pout at him, and he only laughs. He leads you to the roof top, it's fairly windy. You look at the view, gaping, "Wow, this place is nice!"

"Yup, I go here sometimes. So, how do you waltz?" He asks, still sheepish. You think for a moment.

"Take my hand." You say, holding a hand out. As he take it, you smile, "Take a breath."

He looks confused, but you continue anyway, "Pull me close, and take one step."

He does as told, now chest-to-chest with you. You smile at him, starting to take the lead. He lowers his head, watching his feet, you nudge him, "Keep your eyes locked to mine, and let the music be your guide."

He snaps up, mumbling an apology. You chuckle, fixing your position; one of your hands intertwined together, a hand on your waist, and a hand on his shoulder. You smile, taking the lead again.

"Won't you promise me.." He mumbles.

"Now won't you promise me," You cut him off, stopping as he made a mistake, starting all over agian, "That you'll never forget."

"We'll keep dancing if-"

"To keep dancing wherever we go next~" You cut off again, eyes widening as he finally gets the hang of the steps.

"It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you." He tells you, causing you to look up. Your cheeks flush as you lower your head, continuing to dance. He continues, eyes squinting a bit, "It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way-"

"- we do.." You say, shyly, looking up at Sal. His eyes widen.

As if knowing the next moves, the dance escalates, your voices mending together in perfect harmony.

"And with every step together, we just keep on getting better~" You and him say, with Sal spinning you that his arms wrap around you.

"So can I have this dance?" He asks, placing his head on your shoulder. You heartbeat speeds up, knowing what he's implying. You chuckle as you sway side by side, he repeats, "Can I have this dance?"

You release from his hold, turning around to face him. You place your arms around his neck, his arms being placed on your waist.

"I'll have this dance with you, Sal Fisher." You say, and he sighs in relief. You laugh, leaning in to place your head on his chest. 

You stand there on the roof top, content with each other and nothing else.

Author's note : im watching hsm3 right now and aaaaaa i'm having my own feels because senior year at my school feels so sad that graduation is coming up ;;A;; ◢