Chapter 9

I pull him up after me and we stand staring at each other. His hair blows softly in the breeze and his indigo eyes spark in the light. The dark reddish horns curling up out of his head stand tall and cast a shadow over the wall. He looks beautiful. Always has, always will.

"Stay safe."

I whisper while gently pulling him closer so our foreheads bump together.

"I will."

I move and kiss each of his eyelids before moving to his forehead. I place a soft kiss there and when I pull back he leans forwards and kisses me gently.

"You are my light in the dark. My warmth in the cold. The happiness in my soul. The memory of you keeps me sane. Keeps me hoping for a better world. A world where I am happy always. I will never stop loving you. No matter what gets in the way my feelings will never change. You are my life. You are my love. You are my future."

"Keith..."

"Please."

He whispers.

"You are all I have. I know what will be waiting when I get back. It is something you don't deserve to see. I will not put you through that because I love you too much. So, I will not come here for a few days. I just want you to know that I am okay because the thought of you is keeping me alive."

He brushes away my tears and smiles sadly.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

(This was a short chapter so I think I'll post another one on Thursday.

A kinda bittersweet goodbye of sorts?

Things'll get a little bit better after the next few chapters so get ready for that!)