Chapter 14

I walk into my room and freeze as the cold presence of my father hangs heavy in the air.

"Where did you go?"

He demands.

"I went out to the forest."

I avoid his gaze as he steps closer.

"You know I don't like it when people lie to me."

I don't respond and he places a cold hand on my shoulder.

"Go to the training room. I can't have you getting soft. Just remember that if there is anything going on, I will find out. I will make sure nothing is getting in the way of the moon's rule. Got that boy?"

I nod as he leaves the room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It was the way he acted. He put himself in front of me. He stopped me."

"Maybe it's because of the rule your majesty."

"The rule?"

"Yes. The one stating that if the sides should ever cross chaos would commence."

"Ah. That rule. I don't think it applies to him. He had something else on his mind."

"What could it have been?"

"If I saw where his eyes were I would know. He had to have been looking at something."

"Do you think he might have been awed by the Sun Queen and Prince? I am told they are very beautiful. So bright and warm that being around them could make a person faint."

"Perhaps... It is only weird. He never does anything that could result in getting in my way. He knows the consequences for disobeying me yet he still acted as if he would rather die than let me cross those borders."

"Who were you walking towards?"

"The Sun Prince. He is cocky and that is something a kingdom doesn't need in a ruler."

"Maybe our Prince only acted because they are the same age and will rule together."

"I suppose..."

(A whole chapter dedicated to Keith's father being an ass.

Keith's father is just talking to someone. I planned on it being just someone he's sleeping with. Yes. Keith's father sleeps around. He has his reasons. More about that later~

Look out for a chapter on Thursday!)