Chapter 27

(Keith's going to town!)

The second we step into town people are practically running. I watch as a child's eyes light up as he sees Kosmo. He takes one step forward before his mother is shouting frantically and pulling him back. Her eyes are wide in fear as my father smiles at her.

"You see this?"

He asks.

"This is fear. One of the most powerful things in the world."

"I don't want them to fear me."

I reply as Kosmo steps towards someone. They flinch back and Kosmo whines.

"You are stupid to think you could run a kingdom without fear."

I glare at him before turning to face a group of cowering people.

"You frighten them."
"Why?"

"You are my son. That is why."

"I want them to trust me."

"You will not find that here. We are not sunshine and rainbows like the Sun kingdom. We are tough. It will always stay that way."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ona, can I ask you something?"

"Of course, your highness."
"What do you think about a party?"

"A... party?"

"Yeah. For everyone in the kingdom to attend."

"That would be nice."

"I was just thinking about it. We have the room but we never do anything."

"I recommend you ask the Queen. I have no doubt she'll agree."

"I hope so..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't want to inflict fear on my people."

"Maybe once you're King thing's will change. Aren't they fine when you come alone?"

"Only because I hide my identity. I just didn't think it'd be this bad."

"You'll figure it out. I know you will."

"I hope so. Hey."

He turns to look at me.

"What happened with you today?"

"Well, I still have to ask, but I was kinda hoping my mother would agree to host a ball."

"Really? Why?"

"I don't know. I just feel like we should be more involved with our people. We have this giant castle but no one ever comes in."

"That's understandable."

He leans back to look at the night sky.

"You know, we've been doing this basically every single day."

"Yeah."

He looks over at me and smiles.

"I don't want this to stop. Ever."

"Good. Because it won't."

We share a look before he's reaching out and pulling me closer.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

(Hey. They're actually engaged. They're going to get married.

This is not at all a klangst fic. These two don't fight. It's only other problems. Wow. I think this may be a first for me.

Also, they've been together for basically 5-6 years. I just realized that.

I think this is also the last chapter I have saved. I might need time to write more so there may be a break from posting at least every week!)