Timmothy Pitzen

[OVERVIEW]

Timmothy Pitzen was born on October 18, 2004 to James Pitzen and Amy Fry.

James and Amy met at a party. Amy has just gotten divorced. The entire first year of their relationship was long distance, which was hard but they got through it.

Amy suffered with severe depression, which did take a toll on her relationship, but also got better after having Timmothy.

When Amy and James split the fights increased and it got to the point James threatened to take Timmothy away because Amy started to become really unstable.

To Amy, her only reason for living seemed to be Timmothy. She loved nothing more than her son and the thought of someone taking him away devastated her.

[MAY 11 - 12, 2011]

Timmothy's father dropped Timmothy off at preschool. Around 8:15 Amy checked him out, citing a family emergency. The school didn't notify the father right away because she told them it was a family emergency. He didn't know until he went to pick Timmothy up that Amy had picked him up early.

Because it was Amy who picked him up he didn't worry too much. He went by her house but neither were there. He went by her work and found out Any never showed up that day.

That's when he started to become worried. He went to the police station to fill a missing persons report. They did file it, but refused to send out an amber alert.

This day Amy took Timmothy to a lot of fun places. Around 10 in the morning they went to a repair shop to drop the car off. An employee actually drove the two to the zoo while they waited for the car to be fixed. Around 3 in the afternoon they returned to retrieve the vehicle. She drove to KeyLime Cove Resort in Gurnee, Illinois where they spent the night.

The next morning they went to Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, and were spotted on security footage in the checkout line at 10:00 AM. On this footage they both seem to be happy. Nothing was out of the ordinary.

[MAY 13 - 14, 2011]

Between 12:00 and 1:30 p.m. Amy called her mother and James brother to tell them she and Timmothy were safe and not in any danger. She did not contact James however. Her mother and brother in law both said they could hear Timmothy in the background. This is the last known time where they were together.

At 7:25 p.m. that evening, Fry-Pitzen was seen, alone, on security cameras at a Family Dollar store in Winnebago, where she purchased a pen, notepaper and envelopes.

At 8:00 p.m., she was sighted at a Sullivan's Food store in Winnebago, again unaccompanied.

At 11:15 p.m., she checked into the Rockford Inn at Rockford, where sometime that night or the next morning, she took her own life by slashing her wrists and neck and taking an overdose of antihistamines.

At 12:30 p.m. on May 14, her body was found by a hotel maid along with a note. In the note, Fry-Pitzen apologized for the mess she had created, and explained that Timmothy would never be found, but was safe with people who would care for him. She sent the same note to a close friend, James and her mother.

[INVESTIGATION]

This case people found strange for several reasons. The clothes Amy wore in any security footage was gone. Police couldn't find them anywhere.

The knife she used on herself only contained traces of her blood, not her sons.

In fact the only trace of Timmothy anywhere was in the car. But it was a small amount of blood that could have been from anywhere at any time. Kids bleed. The amount of blood didn't suggest that any foul play happened inside the car.

His backpack that was seen with him in the videos and all his toys that were in the car was gone. It was almost as if he never existed.

After examining the vehicle they found glass beads in the tires. Glass beads are on roads that don't have street lights to help guide drivers at night so they can stay on the road. They also found weeds in the front and back bumper, and the type of weeds and grass that it was indicated to be near a swamp or creek of some kind.

In 2013 Amy's cell phone was located beside Route 78, but the discovery did not bring any new evidence.

[HOAX]

On April 3, 2019, local residents in Newport, Kentucky called the police to report a teenager wandering the streets after running across a bridge over the Ohio River. When police found the shaken and distraught boy, he told them he was Timmothy Pitzen.

The next day, the Louisville, Kentucky office of the FBI revealed via Twitter that the boy in their custody was not Pitzen. Aurora Police spokesman Sgt. Bill Rowley said, "Although we are disappointed that this turned out to be a hoax, we remain diligent in our search for Timmothy, as our missing person's case remains unsolved."

The man who claimed to be Pitzen was found to be 23-year-old Brian Michael Rini. He was released from Belmont Correctional Institution in Ohio less than a month prior to his claim, after serving about 14 months on charges of burglary, a third-degree felony, and vandalism, a fifth-degree felony, out of Medina County, Ohio.

He was charged with making a false statement and could spend up to 8 years in prison.

When asked why he did it he said he wanted someone to love him as much as James loves his son cause if he ever went missing all his father would do is continue drinking.

Although people were very angry, they were also happy as this helped spark interest in Timmothy's case again.

[ALIVE OR DEAD]

The majority of people do believe Timmothy is alive, including his family. Before this happened Amy made this trip 3 times by herself. People believe Amy was meeting with someone about an illegal adoption since her friends say she knew no one around those areas.

But the people who believe Amy killed Timmothy say that if Amy was so protective over her son and love him that much she wouldn't have given him to anyone she didn't really know.

What do you think happened to Timmothy? Do you think he is alive somewhere or do you think Amy killed Timmothy before she took her own life?