Mandela Effect

[ OVERVIEW ]

The Mandela Effect refers to when a large number of people share the same false memory.

The term "Mandela Effect" was coined in 2009 when South African leader Nelson Mandela was in the news but millions of people remembered hearing about how Mandela had died in jail in the 80's. Even though in reality Mandela didnt die until 2013.

Why this phenomenon happens is still unknown, although there are numerous theories. These theories include, but are not limited to, alternate dimensions colliding and causing some to remember things a certain way, misinformation, suggestiblilty, and source misattribution.

In this chapter is a little quiz of some of the most popular Mandela Effects. See how many you can guess right.

Now the answers will be at the bottom of the chapter, but please do not cheat. I want to see what you guys remember.

[ QUIZ ]

1. In Empire Strikes Back, what is Darth Vaders famous line of Luke?
A) "Luke, I am your father."
B) "No, I am your father."

2. In Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, what does the Evil Queen say to her mirror?
A) "Mirror, Mirror on the wall..."
B) "Magic Mirror on the wall..."

3. Is the correct spelling
A) Berenstein Bears
B) Berenstain Bears

4. In Gremlins, what is the name of the evil gremlin?
A) Spike
B) Stripe

5. In the Tiananmen Square Tank video, does the man who approached the tanks get run over?
A) Yes
B) No

6. In Sally Field's Oscar acceptance speech, what does she say?
A) "You like me, you really really like me!"
B) "I cant deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me."

7. Has the Fruit of the Loom ever have a cornucopia on their logo?
A) Yes
B) No

8. Is the correct spelling
A) Flintstones
B) Flinstones

9. Did Rich Uncle Pennybags from Monopoly wear a monocle?
A) No
B) Yes

10. Is chartreuse a
A) Magenta-pink color
B) Yellow-Green color

11. Is the correct spelling
A) Double Stuff Oreo
B) Double Stuf Oreo

12. In Forest Gump, what does Forest say about life?
A) "Life is like a box of chocolates..."
B) "Life was like a box of chocolates..."

13. In the book Around the World in 80 days the characters take many modes of transportation. Did they ever take a hot air ballon?
A) Yes
B) No

14. Think of the song Bare Necessities from The Jungle Book. Now fill on the blank. "Wherever I wonder, wherever i roam, i couldn't be ____ of my new home."
A) Found
B) Fonder

15. Disney had had many intros. Have they ever had an intro where Tinkerbell flies in and dots the "i" in Disney?
A) Yes
B) No

16. Fill in the blank to Michael Jackson's Billie Jean. "People always told me, be careful what you do and dont go around breaking young girls hearts. And ____ always told me be careful of who you love."
A) Mother
B) Mama

17. Visualize Dorathys ruby slippers in The Wizard of Oz. Now are they
A) Red with bows
B) Red without bows

18. Of the 97 passengers and crew members, how many people died in the Hindenburg Disaster?
A) All 97
B) 35

19. In the Nightmare Before Christmas, what color is Zero's nose?
A) White
B) Red
C) Orange
D) Yellow

20. Which character from Star Wars says "may the force be with you."
A) Han Solo
B) Obi-Wan Kenobi

[ ANSWERS ]

1. B
2. B
3. B
4. B
5. B
6. B
7. B
8. A
9. A
10. B
11. B
12. B
13. B
14. A (in the movie its found, but if you Google the lyrics it does say fonder)
15. B
16. A
17. A
18. B
19. C
20. A (however Obi-Wan Kenobi does say variations of the phrase, but never says this exact version)