Chapter 11

Update as promised!

Khushi was confused on what they wanted to talk about. She accompanied them.

They went to their room and Payash revealed that they know everything that happened yesterday and also mentioned the conversation they had with Arnav, much to her shock.

Khushi's tears rolled down from her face uncontrollably. She had not expected Arnav to reveal everything so soon. She still had not come in terms with the whole fiasco.

Payal continued, 'I am so sorry Khushi. I behaved badly with you the day after your marriage. Infact we all accused you for this eloped marriage. I am sorry for not trusting you enough. If Arnavji has committed a sin, then we are no less. I am sorry Khushi', Payal weeped.

Though Khushi had forgiven them for this long back, she still had a void in her heart. Her own family dint believe her. Hell they accused her every single time. During Payal's first marriage and even during the second. Why she had to bear the brunt of everything? This time it was heights! She did something for the sake of Payal and in return all she got was accusations!

Khushi slowly detached herself from Payal and was sitting aloof when her hand was caught by another. She raised her head to see Akash in tears and his eyes held remorse. 'Khushiji, Bhai ki taraf se main maafi maangta hoon. Unko aisa nahin karna chahiye tha. Lekin aapka jo bhi faisla hai main hamesha aapka saath doonga. Sirf yeh yaad rakhiyega ki aap ab akele nahin hain. Aapke jijaji aapke saath hain. (Khushiji, I ask sorry on behalf of Bhai. He shouldnt have done that. But whatever is your decision, I am with you. Just remember that you are no longer alone. Your brother-in-law is with you).

Akash gave a comforting smile to Khushi. Khushi could not ask for more. She had people whom she can share her turmoil with. Enough of fighting alone. She too needed some shoulder to lean her head and ease out her worries. Her jijaji was innocent of all. He was the only person who dint hurt her directly or indirectly. He was even ready to take her side leaving his own brother. She was overwhelmed.

She looked into Payal's eyes which held self condemnation. Khushi asked her for the first time in her life, 'Jiji! Could you not trust me? Did you really think I would spoil your marriage?'

Payal had no answer for her. She then knew how wrong she had been. Khushi had to go through a lot because of everyone. All she could do was ask for forgiveness. 'I am sorry Khushi, I dint trust you, I never did anything as your big sister. Every single time you sacrificed yourself. Now onwards, I shall make sure to protect you. Waada hai mera (its my promise)', uttered Payal.

Khushi being herself could not ask for more. She looked at Aakash who was pulling down his ears as a way of asking sorry. She chuckled and pulled both her jiji and jijaji into a bear hug crying to the fullest. She let go of the pain she was enduring all this while.

After few seconds, they broke the hug and Payal said with fake anger, 'Khushi, when Arnavji told all this to me, I blasted at him for making you go through so much. And Akash is never gonna forgive his Bhai for this'.

Payal wanted to know what Khushi's reaction will be. Does she still love Arnav?

And as she expected, Khushi spoke, 'Jiji, I know how much cruel he was to me. And he had crossed all his limits when he married me forcefully. He put our relationship at stake using yours as bait. But all that comes down to me. Where this leads us to, I shall decide it. I dont know whether we really have a future, or atleast will I be able to forgive him, but that doesnt mean you leave his side when he needs someone. You can be angry on him for what he did to me but this is not the right time. Woh akele yeh sab nahin jhel paayenge. Unke Di ka sawaal hai. Unko sahaara chahiye. Jijaji kam se kam aapko unka saath dena chahiye' (jiji, he cant handle all these alone. Its about Di. He needs support. Jijaji you should do that).