Chapter 25

Arnav and Khushi would have continued their talks about kids had Akash not interrupted them.

'Bhai and Khushiji, apne bacche ka planning baad mein kar lena. Ab ghar chalein?' (You can plan your kids later. Shall we go home now?)

That was when they realised what they were talking and how much they got carried away. An awkward silence gripped them for few minutes. They were embarrassed for sure. Were things so easy between them? Wish they were! Sadly, they were not! They still had a long way to go to this stage. Infact they were not even sure whether they would reach such stage in their life together.

A glimpse of the old Arnav and Khushi was a treat to watch for Payash. They just hoped that the things turn out really well for the couple.

Arnav though was embarrassed, did feel content on having a normal husband-wife conversation with Khushi. But Khushi felt like burying herself in a pit. How could she easily plan her future? Was it destiny? Is she even ready to leave Arnav? If she had plans of moving on from Arnav, then why did she picturise her future with him and it even extended to a level where they conversed about their kids! Well! No one can deny destiny's games. If it was meant to happen, it will happen.

Not in a mood to be again caught in a web of uncertainty, Arnav volunteered to leave the place in the pretext of taking his car while the others followed him silently.

Next morning:

Arnav came downstairs dressed up in his three piece suit ready for his office, when he saw Nani and Mami in deep discussion.

'Chote! Good that you have come. I need to discuss something important', Nani claimed.

'Tell me Nani'

'I think it is time for us to perform Anjali bitiya's Godbharai. She is in her last trimester and hardly a month for her delivery. I even talked to the Pandit and he has given us the date for the day after tomorrow for performing it.'

Arnav smiled at her and said, 'Whatever you wish Nani. Just tell me what should be done. And I will make all the necessary arrangements. I can never deny anything for Di. I will tell Aman to cancel all my meetings too.'

'Sure Chote! And yeah, to your convenience, you dont need to attend it. Its a ladies function and only the presence of Baby's father is required. So please make sure Damaadji stays at home.' Nani said.

Before Arnav or anyone could intervene, Mami said, 'Saasuma! Why dont we change the rules a bit here? Akash and Arnav can attend the function. Moreover, it is the first time that Arnav is willing to participate in any celebration.'

Nani thought for a while and gave a go ahead for them. Everyone took a sigh of relief that Nani did not insist on making it a ladies only function. All wanted to be around Anjali because she was to be protected. And no one could dare to leave her entrusting Shyam. That was the sole reason for Manorama's interference in her Sasuma's decision. Not that she never denied her, but this was purely for Anjali's sake.

On the breakfast table:

'Chote! I want to go to the temple. I have some offerings to make.' Anjali requested, leaving everyone on the breakfast table look at her stunned.

'No way Di. You cant go anywhere in this condition. For god's sake, you are pregnant. And in your last trimester. Do you even realise that?' Arnav yelled.

'Please Chote, dont deny me. I will take the driver and come back as soon as possible.' She again pleaded.

'Di, why dont you understand? Its not a joke.' Arnav mellowed a bit and tried to put some sense into his sister's brain.