Chapter 21

A few days later, Arnav was informed of a huge transaction made from Shyam's account that is under his control by Aman. He was astonished to find a lump amount being transferred to that account. He dug out the details of the sender and found it to be international. Now this was heights! That bastard was extending his illegal activities outside the country too. Arnav had to act fast. He quickly collected all the proofs regarding the transaction and the crimes associated.

Every single proof needed for Shyam's ousting was ready but they had Anjali to think of yet. Will it be easy for her? Will she believe them?

Luckily for them, one day Khushi, Mami and Anjali and Payal were taking a stroll on a park on Anjali's insistence to relax a bit. Anjali noticed a figure who looked like Shyam standing distantly eagerly waiting for someone to arrive. His irritated expression and his constant checking of time in his watch gave her an assurance that he was in a hurry. Before she could even call out to him, she saw a man dressed up in a suit getting out of his vehicle and handing over a suitcase to Shyam. They shook hands and dispersed. Anjali at first was surprised to see Shyam there. Because he had informed her that he was going to the court for hearing and he had no time at all for the day. But what was he doing here at this time? That place was nowhere near to his court. Then who was the man whom he met! She had questions to ask.

She dialled Shyam in the hope of asking him to join them in the park.

Anjali did not fail to notice the frustrated face of Shyam when he saw the caller id and it immediately turned to a calm one once she started speaking. May be she did not observe all these days, but she saw him faking his lovely gesture towards her. And that surely did not go well with her.

'Shyamji, where are you?'

Shyam stammered for a few seconds coming up with an excuse probably. 'Rani Sahiba, I am in the midst of my hearing. I am in the court. Got to go now. Bye!'

With that the call was cut and Anjali wondered what was the necessity for him to lie.

This whole scenario dint go unnoticed by Khushi and Manorama and they were happy for the coincidence. Atleast Anjali would try to learn some facts herself.

Khushi intervened anyway, 'Di, what happened? Did you too see someone like Shyamji there?'

'Not like Khushiji, it was Shyamji and I am sure. But I dont know why he lied saying he was in the court!'

'Di, may be he was busy and he did not want to worry you unnecessarily. Shall we go home?'

'Yes', replied Anjali still not shooing away the thoughts occurring in her mind. Was Shyam hiding something? Who was that person and what was in that suitcase? Is he doing something wrong? Or is he in any trouble? These days he was all the time frustrated over petty things too.

Meanwhile, The fashion show was a hit as usual. All the hardwork putforth by the staff and the owners themselves dint go waste. That called for a celebration. Aman was asked to book a posh hotel in Delhi for them to celebrate with families of all the staff members and clients.

The whole Raizada family had to attend the celebration and Khushi had no other option than to accompany. She so wanted to deny. Though ASR was married for the outer world, she dint want the focus on her. Afterall it was a contract marriage!

Khushi was on deep thinking on what to wear for the occasion. Though she had some nice sarees, she dint find them to be appropriate for the party. Afterall it was Raizada's party. She has to match their status. Wondering on what to wear, she entered her room only to find a wrapped box with a small note attached to it. She reluctantly approached the note which read:

Khushi,

I will be happy if you choose one of these sarees of my choice for the party. But it is upto you to accept it or deny it. I am not forcing you.

Arnav.

Khushi opened the box to find 2 beautiful sarees. One was red and the other was black. Simple and elegant as according to her taste. Arnav had a great choice but this time he also took her preferences into account.

But she also knew, Arnav chose the red one wantedly as it was his favourite. May be he wanted to know whether Khushi was atleast trying to forgive him?

Khushi, though liked the Red one than the Black, she chose the Black saree as she dint want to give any hopes to Arnav. YET!

Meanwhile downstairs, the members of Raizada family had left to the destination leaving Payash and Arshi behind to arrive separately. Payal and Akash were waiting for Arshi to arrive when they saw Arnav alone descending down.

'Bhai, where is Khushiji?' Asked Akash.

'She is getting ready. She should be down soon', Arnav answered his brother.

He saw her descending the stairs wearing the saree of his choice. She was looking breathtakingly beautiful. Though Red suited her more, Black amplified her beauty. The contrasting colour of her skin and the saree just made her look ethereal. His gaze was fixed towards her. How badly he wanted to take her in his arms!

Khushi's eyes met Arnav's. She could see love, admiration and most importantly passion in them. She too was lost in her husband. Their eyes conveyed to each other a lot. While he wanted her badly, she miserably failed giving him a cold glance and inturn profusely blushed under his gaze.

'Kaisi lag rahi hai hamari Khushi? (How is our Khushi looking?)', Payal whispered near Arnav on seeing his uninterrupted gaze on her sister.

'Beautiful', was the word left from Arnav's mouth even before he realised it.

Payal's giggle brought him out of his reverie. He smirked at Payal and told Akash, 'Akash, apni biwi ko sambhalo! Aaj kal nakhrein jyaada ho chuke hain (Akash, control your wife! She is becoming naughty)'

'Dont you think you have become more mischievous nowadays?' Akash asked his wife.

'No, I always wanted to be like this. But its just that I could not be. Khushi being crazy, I had to balance her', Payal pouted.

'I will always ensure that you remain like this. Not the meek girl. I love the fiery you', Akash whispered while Payal just blushed.

Their gaze shifted to the love birds who were doing all the talking with their eyes.

Akash cleared his throat to get them back to this world to remind them that they were getting late for the party.

All the four were on their way to the venue with Arnav driving, Akash beside him and the sisters at the back.

'Bhai, dont you think you are driving slow? You drive carefully but fast. Having any problem? Shall I drive?' Akash asked his brother.

Arnav just looked at Khushi from the rear mirror and said, 'No Akash, I am driving with the perfect speed that people in this car prefer and moreover Payal is pregnant. Dont you think we should be more careful?'

Akash understood that it had nothing to do with Payal but Khushi feared speed. He gave a sly smile to Arnav and just sat obediently throughout the drive when his brother and bhabhi were exchanging looks by glancing at the rear mirror.

'His brother was changing. He is no longer the arrogant one. Atleast not to the family. He could see the difference. He silently thanked Khushi for giving them their old Arnav back. But still his life is incomplete. Will he be accepted by Khushi? Is it fair for Khushi to do that? Afterall everyone deserves a second chance. Dont they? But his Bhai's mistakes are unforgivable. Will they get a second chance? Only the coming days will tell!' He let out a sigh and just wished that whatever happens, everyone should be contented with the final outcome.

So how was it? Feel free to drop in your comments. Thank you so much for the readers who have been constantly hooked to the story.
The next part of this update is available on Inkitt. Please follow the link here➡️

Love,
Shwetha