Epilogue

Three years later:

'HP, the white flowers must go to the stairs and the red ones over the living room. How many times should I tell you?' Screamed a Raizada sibling at their servant, scaring him.

'Sorry Bhaiya. I will change it right away', a frightened HP hurried, before his employer yelled at his mistake again.

'I am tired supervising you people. And keep working faster. We dont have the whole day', he instructed when he felt two small arms curling his legs.

He looked down to his feet, only to see his two and half year old son, smiling back at him. The smile, that had the capacity to replace the frown on his face, washing away all his tiredness in a second.

'Papa', The little one had thrown his arms up, gesturing his father to lift him up.

'Aayush!' The father obliged placing a loud kiss on either of his cheeks. He felt wetness on his shirt and on inspection, he could only gasp.

'What have you done to yourself, Aayush?There is paint all over your shirt!' He exclaimed while his son passed him a cheeky smile. 'Mumma is not going to be happy', he warned, and saw his son pouting which meant that he wanted his father to do some damage control!

'Fine! Now dont give me that look', the father understood his son's request. 'Where is Mumma?' He asked.

'Cooking', Aayush replied. He could not speak large sentences but could utter few words for his age.

They led themselves to the kitchen, where they saw the woman she loved, keenly baking a cake, her attention undivided. She was almost on the verge of finishing it and the father-son duo stood admiring her, not to disturb and appreciating her culinary skills.

When the cake was finally done, she looked up with a proud smile on her face, only to spot the men of her life who were her world, admiring her.

'Akash!' She called out elated, nearing them, removing her apron on her way.

'Done?' Akash questioned softly, feeling blessed that Payal was his wife.

She nodded back at him shyly, something that did not change over the years. Her gaze shifted to the other keeper of heart, her son, who was waiting for his turn of attention. Before she could kiss her son and take him in her arms, she noticed the paint stains on his shirt which surely pissed her off.

'Aayush', she called out sternly, her expressions changing, revealing her temper. 'I am tired of you. You are turning naughtier day by day. And I am not tolerating this behaviour of yours.'

'Payal.. Payal please, calm down. He is just a child', Akash tried consoling but in vain. Infact the tables turned against him.

'Your son will be the death of me one day, Akash. I just got him freshened an hour ago, and here he is, having spoilt his dress, again!' Payal bellowed.

'My son?' Akash was riled up now, and hence placed little Aayush on the kitchen slab, himself getting ready to fight with his wife. 'Whenever he is naughty, you tag him as mine and otherwise, he is yours. Wah!' Akash exclaimed.

'There you go! Have you guys started fighting again?' NK walked inside the room munching onto his chips. 'We are already tired of one Arnav-Khushi in the house, that we cannot handle one more', Lavanya joined them carrying a tray of cookies with her.