Chapter 12

Meanwhile inside the resting room, when Payal left searching for Arnav, Akash observed that Khushi was expecting Arnav to be there. He understood Payal was right. Khushi still loves Arnav.

He asked Khushi, 'Khushiji, are you expecting Bhai to turn up? Remember he is the reason you are in this state?'

Khushi was caught, she knew. She stammered, 'Aise nahin hai jijaji. Hum Arnavji ko nahin doond rahen hai (Nothing like that jijaji, I am not searching for Arnavji)'.

Akash knew better but he let go of it for now. Khushi needed rest than anything else. He cut an apple which was on the side table for Khushi to eat.

Khushi looked at Akash and asked innocently, 'Jijaji, kya aapko bhi aisa lagta hai ki hum Shyamji ke saath hain? (Do you also think that I am with Shyam?)'

Akash frowned thinking why Khushi had such doubts. But he knew it. She can no more trust anyone. All thanks to his Bhai. He sighed and said, 'Khushiji, if that was the case I wouldnt be here planning against that creep. No Khushiji, I dint misunderstand you. Whatever your family did, it was for the betterment of us. Its our ill fate that even after getting so many chances, that Shyam wont mend his ways. Our Di has to face his reality. We cant let her be in her dreamland and ruin her life'.

Khushi felt bad seeing the helpless state of Akash. She felt good too that he trusts them. Wish Arnav too had done that! Its all too late now! Their relationship which was about to shape up beautifully is now just held by a single fragile thread. She dint know how will it turn out to be but she thought to let it go as it is for now. She is really not in a state to fight and think. All that she wanted for now was to safeguard Di. She decided she would do one work at a time. She wont burden herself with all the complexities at once. She wont put herself in any more dilemmas. What is to happen would eventually happen.

Khushi was grateful to Akash and Payal for handling this issue in a calm manner than to blast on Shyam. It would have definitely resulted in a disastrous outcome.

Seeing her in thoughts, Akash asked, 'Khushiji, will you be forgiving Bhai?'

Khushi was speechless. She had no answer. She replied honestly, 'I dont know jijaji, but I will try to. Afterall I love him. But I cant guarantee whether I can spend my life with him'.

She said this in a trance. She has not confessed that she loves Arnav to anyone. Not even to the man she loved. She dint regret telling that to Akash.

Akash was happy but at the same time, he wasnt satisfied. He wanted Khushi to fight for the injustice that happened to her. So he told her, 'Khushiji, where is the fighter girl who stands for her rights? I want to see her, not the one sitting before me as if she lost everything in her life. Make sure that Bhai earns your forgiveness. Only then you both will be happy. Otherwise Bhai will always take you for granted and I never want that. You are unique for your nature Khushiji. Dont try to take it away nor let anyone take that away. I am not saying this as ASR's brother but as a common man who really wants all the girls to be daring like you. Please Khushiji, you have to do this for my sake atleast'.

Khushi was beyond happy. There was someone to encourage her to not change her nature. She needed this. She needed assurance from someone to tell her that what she did and still doing is always right. There was someone to keep her chirpy nature alive. That day Khushi felt he was indeed the best jiju she could ever get. Her sister was so much lucky. She got the courage to fight against ASR. She was determined that she would make him beg for her forgiveness. Little did she know that it was Arnav and not ASR who is anyways going to bow down to her every demand.

When Payal and Arnav entered inside the room to check upon Khushi, they saw Akash and Khushi with their eyes glued to the laptop screen, silently crying. When closely observed, they got to know that they were watching a Salman Khan movie. It was an emotional scene and Arnav could only exclaim his famous 'What the!'

Payal smacked her forehead to see Akash becoming a child along with her sister. Trust her sister to spoil everyone with her favourite Salman Khan. She and her obsession to movies!

Payal nudged Arnav in his elbow and whispered, 'Arnavji, remember Salman Khan is your biggest competitor. Khushi loves him like anything' and giggled.

Arnav was amused. He had one more person to deal with. Uff! How can Khushi be so obsessed with variety of things! He is going to have a hard time spending his life with her. But he was eagerly waiting for it! Aakhir, pyaar jo kiya! (Afterall, he loves her)

Khushi on seeing Arnav moved uncomfortably on her seat. Arnav went and sat on his knees near Khushi and asked, 'Khushi tum theek ho?' That one sentence brought back all the beautiful memories they cherished. She nodded her head absent mindedly. Arnav was relieved to know she was fine. But he cant risk her health anymore. Hence he ordered them to leave home and their plans can be made later.

But Khushi as usual was adamant. 'Arnavji, hum theek hain (i am fine). We shall decide and then leave', stated Khushi.

Arnav was not giving in to her demands. She was his priority now. Other things can wait. He held her hands with his left hand and his right hand cupping her left cheek and said, 'Khushi please listen to me. You need rest. You become alright. We shall talk later'.

Khushi could see his care was genuine and she actually liked it. This Arnav was so different. She needed to be with this Arnav all the time. She gently removed her hands and cheek from his hold, inhaled deeply and said, 'Fine. I am leaving. But I am going to Shantivan. I cant risk Di's life anymore. She needs someone beside her all the time now'.

Arnav wanted to resist because he cant put Khushi's life at stake for the sake of his Di. Khushi cant live under the same roof as Shyam. Enough of making her the scapegoat. Akash was also thinking on his lines.

Before they could protest the idea, Khushi said firmly, 'You cant deny me. I have made up my mind. I know how to tackle that Shyam. Dont be worried about that. Di is more important now'.

The trio had to agree to her decision knowing how stubborn she would get and also they vowed to themselves that they would be there to protect her. Payal suggested that Khushi would join them tomorrow at Shantivan as they had made an excuse of Preetho's wedding to cover up Khushi's absence that morning. Thus it was decided that Khushi would return back to Shantivan the next day.

But does that mean Arnav was forgiven? What will their relationship be after her coming back? Will they be normal? Or will the distances grow more? Will they sort out everything or Khushi will be living in Shantivan, just till she exposes Shyam? And what exactly are they going to do to expose Shyam? Well these will be known as the story unfolds further!

I know I am super late in posting this part, but couldnt help! So how did you like the Akash- Khushi part here?

Thank you for your votes and comments!

I have also posted a OS- The epiphany. Please check it out and give your honest comments.

Love,
Shwetha