Interaction 1: The First Time.

Spoons fall, ketchup bottle breaks and eggs burn.

Where the hell is this girl? What is she still doing?

The kitchen turned into a complete mess as Abdulhamid tried to get both his daughter's lunch box and breakfast ready.

Oh lord! When will this child grow up so I don't have to do this anymore?

After finally getting everything ready he jogs upstairs to call Ihsan. He opens her bedroom door and find it empty.

"Ihsan!" He calls her as he walked down the stairs.
"Ihsan!" He calls her again.

"Na'am?" She answers.

He walks outside and sees her on a chair waiting, she smiles at him.

"Let's go in. Breakfast is ready" he holds her hand as they walk back in.

"We have to hurry, you can't be late on the first day of resumption".

::

"Here are the files you asked for" Luwaiya his assistant says immediately he got off the elevator.

"Which files? Be more specific" He say back.
"The files for the sale of the publishing company"

"I want them on my table when you talk to Laura. Call Isa and I also want coffee on my table ASAP".

"Yes sir" she says before opening the door to his office and walking away.

He sits on his chair and huffs when he sees the files on his table.
Someone knocks on the door.

"Come in!" He shouts.
Isa opens the huge glass door "You called me".
"Close the blinds and come sit"

Isa closes the blinds on the doors and the windows before sitting in front of Abdulhamid's table.

"Have you talked to the CEO? I want that company. Do whatever it is you have to".

"Why are you in a hurry to own a publishing company?"

"That's an understatement. It's the best publishing company in Nigeria. Do you know how many writers are in Nigeria? Everyone of them wants to land in a publishing Company as big as Risoles Publishers"

"That doesn't sound like a good reason. I know you"
"If you know me you'd know that I am always eager to answer questions—when I get what I want. Do you understand?"

"Sure. I'll get to it immediately".
Isah just got his masters, he is 30years and he studied business administration in Bayero University Kano. Where he grew up with Abdulhamid, his 2 sisters and his parents. His father died before he was born and his mother died during child birth he grew up with Abdulhamid.

He closes the door and Abdulhamid got back to work.

Minutes later Luwaiya comes inside the office with a cup of coffee and keeps it on his table.
"Will you be picking up Ihsan or will someone be picking her up?" She asks.

"What time is it?"
"It's 9am, Sir"

"Okay. Tell Isah to pick her up by 1:30 and I want you to get me those—"

"Chips, plantain, juice and beef that she likes?" She asks cutting him off.
"Yes that. Thank you" he smiles.

"I'll get that done immediately" she walks out.

Someone knocks on his office door. From the light weight knocked on the door he knew it was Ihsan.
"Come in"

She opens the door slowly.
"Salamu Alaikum" She says standing by the door.

"Wa'alaikumussalam" he answers back smiling.
She enters the office giddily and keeps her bag on a shelf. Removes her sneakers, keeps them on a shoe rack and gets her slippers before walking over to her father.
"How was your day?" He asks turning his chair to face her.

"Lafiya (Good). We had fun. We swam today"

"That's good. So tell me what happened with you and Fatima today?" He had no idea what he was asking about because he couldn't stop talking in the car but he zoned out so he had no idea what she said.

"She didn't resume yet Abba"
"Okay don't worry they'll tell—" Luwaiya comes in.

"Come and eat Ihsan, when you're done" Luwaiya says as she keeps the food on the center table and walks out.

Ihsan picks it up and smiles at him.

"Aren't you going to eat with me?" He asks her.
"Actually—I want to color in Anty Luwaiya's office. You don't have crayons and colors here"

"No baby, She can't now okay? She's working"
She nods "Then I'll eat here".

He continues going through his files.

::

He opens the door and she runs in.
"Go and take your bath then come eat"

"Okay" She shouts back.

He goes upstairs, to his room to take a bath and get dressed, wearing his black Jallabia.
He walks downstairs and finds her in the living room, wearing her hijab waiting for him.

"Ready?"
She nods.
"Then let's pray" he says.

They pray Maghreb together.
Just as they were done someone knocks on the front door. "It's probably Isa. Come in!"

Isah comes in with multiple bags.
Ihsan hurries and collects the bags dropping them in front of Abdulhamid.
Isah picks up one of the bags and gives to her
"Which one are you drinking today? The yoghurt or the ice cream"

"Abba which one should I choose?" She asks giving him the bag.
"The yoghurt but only after you've eaten your food without any leftovers"

She smiles "Okay"
"Good, now go get the plates and cutlery".

Just as they were about to start eating Illyasu opens the door.
Abdulhamid seats there looking at him questionably.

"Sorry for barging in but Abdul you really need to hear this"
"Let's go out"

"Why are you barging into my home?" He asks the moment they step out.

"Do you remember Iman Publishers?"
"Yeah. I gave up on it"

"Guess what happened? You know the potential buyer?"
"Yeah, so?"

"He's dead. Although unfortunate—I think this is an opportunity to get it"

"Are you Serious?"
"Yeah I am. Abdul we are talking about a lot of money"

"We need to make a move, quickly"
Illyasu nods, agreeing with him "Yes but the girl might be an issue, his daughter that inherited it".

"What do you know about her?"
"Well unfortunately—she's very difficult".

"Well no matter, that won't be an issue because I'm willing to do whatever to make that company mine. This is an opportunity I'm not going to let slip away"

"Okay, I'll try to set up a meeting first thing tomorrow morning".
"Good, thank you"

There's no "difficulty" I can't tame.

::