Interaction 20: Blindfold.

My eyes open when I heard a crash downstairs.
I slowly wake up and walk out of my room. I peep in Abdul's room but he wasn't there.
I sigh in relief when I realize it must have been him.

I walk downstairs and check the whole house, but he wasn't there, so I check the last place. His study, I open the door and see him just standing looking at the mirror, out of curiosity I stand there to see what he was doing but he didn't move. Not even a muscle after 15minutes.
I open the door and walked over to where he stood.

"Abdul" I call his name when I notice his eyes were closed.
"Abdul" I call him again.
His eyes abruptly opens and he looks straight at the mirror. For a moment his eyes looked scared and then they turned angry as he looked at his reflection.

"Abdul?" I call him again but it was like I wasn't even there. His eyes filled with tears as he looked at his reflection. The next thing I knew he punched the freaking mirror.
I squat as the shards fly.
He laughs maniacally and walks to his table.

I stand up looking at him scared.
"Your hand" I say when I notice the blood oozing out.
He smiles "Don't be so worried, things like this don't hurt anymore" he was smiling but you could actually see fear and sadness all over his face, he had a wicked look in his eyes.

"Let me clean—"
"What are you doing here?!" He asks angrily. I think you could probably see fumes coming out of his ears. "Get out!" He shouts startling me. I never knew his voice was so deep it sounded hoarse and held a lot of pain.

"But—"
"You're pregnant—I wouldn't have to kick you out would I?" He asks before he threw everything on his table to the floor. "Get out!"

And with that I quickly run out not stopping until I entered my room and close the door.

And that was how I stayed up all night. Not stepping a toe out.
Now I am hungry and whether I liked it or not I have to eat. I have to.

I open the door and see Abdul standing there with an apologetic look. He looked weird, the way he was dressed. He is wearing a collared shirt tucked in his trousers.

"My apologies. Sometimes I just get so—angry. I'm sorry"
Not to mention the way he was talking. It reminded me of our little conversation last week in the living room when he got so defensive about watching CBS Reality.

"How is your hand?" I ask.
He raises it "I cleaned it, disinfected it and wrapped it up" and he was right, it was neatly dressed. "I made you breakfast" he says pushing me infront of him, grabbed both my shoulders and slowly pushing me in front of him, walking downstairs.

There was food to feed a whole nation on the dinning table. But Abdul doesn't know how to cook, he never did. Sometimes I feel Abdul has to lie about the smallest things. Why would he have to lie about cooking?
"Eat up" He says.

I sat and quietly ate my food.
Through out the whole meal he was just staring at me. No matter how hard I tried to make him smile, he didn't. Immediately I was done he packed everything and told me not to move a muscle. He washed everything and came back.

He looked broken. Like he has been through a lot, like he was done and through with life. My mind goes somewhere else. His hands.

I grabbed them, he just looked at me blankly.
His wrist look like they were cut, it must have been a while because it has healed completely.

"What is this?" I ask him.
"A Suicide attempt" he says.
And then he falls to the ground screaming and holding his head in his hands. I kneel and hold him, shaking him.

"Not—this—not him" he keeps saying and then finally he stopped.
He raises his head and looks at me.
"Have you had breakfast?" He asks with a smile.
His normal angelic smile.
I look at him perplexed, didn't he just cook for me?