Interaction 7: My Turn.

Weekends.
I love them so much.

I sat down in my room lying down as Ihsan watched Dora The Explorer.
She kept answering the stupid question Dora kept asking.
Like where a Fox was hiding. I prefer my childhood cartoons or even Tom And Jerry, Nafiu used to watch it a lot when he was younger.

Suddenly Abdulhamid comes in.
"Ihsan, where are those papers I gave you last week?" He asks.
"It's in your study"

"Please get them for me" he says before she runs out.

"Are you going out?" I ask out of curiosity.
"Nope. A friend/investor is coming over"

"Don't you want something to eat? Refreshments?" I ask smiling.
"Nah. We don't need it because I already ordered something".

"Are you sure? I can do it if you want me to"
"No thank you darling, I know what you are planning" he smiles.

"What? Since you were so kind to me on Thursday and didn't wake me up, I'm just trying to return the favor by cooking for your investor"

Ihsan comes back in with some papers and gives it to him before walking to the couch and paying attention to Dora.
"I have it covered don't bother"he walks out.

I laugh and got back to watching Dynasty on my laptop.
Mid way through I heard Abdulhamid's voice outside, I got up and checked the window, his friend is here. They walk in.

I really don't know what to do. I don't want to do something that would put this company in jeopardy because it also affects me, I know that sounds selfish but I'm just being honest.

Suddenly God finally answered my prayers. It starts pouring heavily, that was when the lighting and thunder started rumbling. It started in an instant, no warnings.
I slowly walked downstairs and hid behind the door to hear what they Where talking about.

"Yes. I will talk to them and set a meeting but the problem is that their facts are baseless and we want something legit" Abdulhamid says sounding unfamiliarly serious.

His phone rings.

Hello?

Yes.

Yes.

I ordered it.

Because of the rain?

Thank you.

That sounded like a delivery cancelled.
This is my time to shine, pay back here I come.
I quickly run to the kitchen and got out the fish, washed it and started cooking it.

30mins later I was done and I served it, I made the easiest thing I could.
I fixed up a proper tray for two.
The food, 2bottles of water and glass cups and fruit juice.

I pick up the tray and walk to the main parlor.
As I walk in I could see Abdulhamid tense up looking at me worriedly.
"I thought you might be hungry"

"No we're fine, no need" he says forcing a smile.

"Come on. You have a guest, what kind of wife would I be if I let him leave without so much as a drink" I say with a smirk. I could see him shaking his head, telling me to stop but it's too late now.

I keep the tray and see both of their mouths hang open.
"Where is the food?" Abdulhamid asks.
"It's right there?" The man asks confused.

I smile.
I made a little.

"That's it?" The man asks.

Abdulhamid looks at me and winks before turning back to the man.
"Sorry for the quantity, my wife and I have recently been on a diet and as you heard I wanted to order something for you unfortunately they had to cancel because of the rain and this is all we have but she can prepare something else if this doesn't suit your taste" he says to the man.