Interaction 19: In Secret.

"Oh really? I never knew" i say smiling at her.
"Yup. So it's going to be a boy"

"So mother's have a feeling whenever they are having a baby and that feeling tells her the gender of the baby?" I ask adjusting her on my lap.
"Yeah they do and mine is telling me that it's a boy"

"Really then I should also inform you that us the fathers have a feeling and it shows us how our child will look"
"You wish"

"We do but why do you want a boy?"
"Because it is scientifically proven that girl's prefer their fathers and boys prefer their mothers and it's already obvious that Ihsan loves you so I want my own partner"

"Oh really? I didn't know that. But he'll look like me"
"How are you so sure? He could be my replica"
"Then it would be weird for his girlfriend, don't you think?"
"Yeah so? I'm gorgeous, aren't I?"

I shrug.
She pushes me.
"You know if you keep pushing me you might end up on the floor because you're heavier than you used to be darling"

She stands up.
"Whatever. I'm going to go check on the food" she walks out and I smile.

...

I came back inside the living room and surprisingly see Abdulhamid sitting up. He didn't flop on the couch like he usually does and he looks serious, the weirdest part was he was watching CBS Reality, something he never ever watches. He hates seeing all those kidnappings, rape and violence.
I sit beside him watching him intensely.

"What do you find so interesting about my face" he asks me. He voice sounded calm, slow and strict not like his normal fun and excited tone.
"You seem interested in what you're watching"

"And that amuses you?" He asks still focused on the tv.
"Yes because you don't watch stuff like this"

"Stuff? You wouldn't understand, you've never been through real pain"
"I haven't? I have lost my father too"

He looks at me still looking calm and gentle.
"That's not what I meant. Real pain is when you feel you have nothing to live for, when you want to give up on life and wish you never existed. When you're willing to take your own life"
I look at him completely speechless. What the hell is this man saying?

"Don't worry it's not that I blame you. I'd just prefer if you would respect what I like and try not to criticize it"
"Uh huh" I simply say back.

This looks like a completely different person. His posture is different, unlike his normal lazy position on the couch he is sitting up and his legs crossed in a formal and elegant way.
I turn back and look at what he is watching.

"Patricia has not been seen since then, first it was a kidnapping then it turned to physical abuse and then to murder"

"They skipped one" He says.
"What?" I ask confused.

"It's kidnapping-hunger-physical abuse which also includes rape-murder. They also starve you and try to beat out every single hope you have but—" he stays quiet and looks at me before turning back to the tv. "I'm sorry I'm a bit weird today. I just remembered something I'd prefer to keep locked up. The good thing is that we've taken that burden from him"

"From who?" I ask.
"Can you get me some water?"

I slowly get up and walk to the kitchen.
When I got back he was lying down on the couch lazily.
"I can't believe I missed the first 5minutes" he groans.

He was watching Vikings.
"I don't get you. One moment you're saying it's too bloody for you and the next you're throwing tantrums for missing a few minutes"

He smiles "Only a dork would watch CBS anyway"
I hand him his water watching him intently. Is this guy playing with my head?
"I can't deal with this right now" I walk back to the kitchen annoyed. I was hoping he would follow me but he didn't he was still lying down on the God forsaken couch enjoying the slaughter.

:

"So he doesn't know that you're back?" Mama asks Ya Sumayyah.
"Yeah. I don't want to meet her. I feel really horrible whenever I'm with her".

"So what do you two want to tell me?" I ask.
"What?" I ask.

"I want to tell Musa"
"Go ahead as long as he keeps his mouth shut. I'm not going to reject it but you have to be careful"

:

I abruptly stand.
Looking around the room.

Abdulhamid isn't in the room, I come out and hear clattering sounds from the kitchen so I run downstairs.

I enter and find him cleaning the kitchen counter.
"Abdulhamid what are you doing?" I ask worriedly.
"Why is this kitchen filthy? It's dirty".

I look around.
It looks spotless so I don't know what he's talking about.
"It's clean".

He stares at me "Then what's this? Come look at it".
I walk over and stand next to him.
"The spoons should be kept horizontally and not vertically".

I burst out laughing "When you're done you should come to bed" I walk out laughing.

:

I close his car door, he whines down the glass.
"How about we go out for lunch instead?"

I smile "You can come pick me up".
"Fine" he starts the car before he turns and looks at me abruptly "About yesterday night I—"

I laugh "I know you were trying to prank me, I get it".

"You do?" He smiles.
"You OCD? It's not possible".

I take a step back "I'll get dressed and wait for you".
"Okay"

"I love you" I say sweetly.
He smiles "Yeah".

I raise my eyebrows.
"You didn't say it back".
"You know I do". He says before he drives out.

::