Interaction 6: Declaring War.

I was sitting in our office going through some patient folders when someone knocks on the door. I was internally hoping it wasn't a patient, I just finished with my patient list 10mins back and I am not ready for another round.

"Come in" I say lazily.
The door opens and my dream shatters.

"Are you free, Doctor?" The woman asks.
If only I could say no but the moment I do, I'd be fired immediately.

"Yes please come in" I say forcing a smile.
The woman sits and smiles at me.
"Your name" I ask her.

"Mary Joseph" she says smiling like a freak.
"Okay Mary Joseph, what is brings you to the hospital?" I ask.

"Well I have this thing that suddenly appeared on my skin and I suspect maybe it's skin cancer" she says frowning.
"And how do you know exactly?" I ask her.

She folds her sleeve and shows me her arm.
I laugh.
"Oh, this isn't skin cancer. It's allergies, you probably came in contact with something you're allergic to. Do you have any idea what it might be?" I ask.

"I'm not sure but you're sure it's just allergies?" She asks worried. Normally I would get angry when people underestimate my ability to do my work properly but this woman is in her sixties and she looks like she has never eaten in her life, I can't be rude.

"Tomorrow while you put on moisturizer look for any dark or changing spots or moles, if there aren't then you sit at home but if you see any come to the hospital at once".

"Thank you so much, doctor" she walks out.
I huff.

Just then my phone rings.

Hello?

It's me.

Oh, Can I help you?

Well, I'm coming back today and I was hoping if you would please make me dinner, something sweet. Ihsan loves sweet but if you can make it sweet and spicy that would be great.

Oh you want me to cook?

Yeah. You're my wife and I want to have dinner with my daughter and you.

You are only including me because you are asking for a favor.

And that's nice of me.

Fine.

Okay then.
He ends the call.

So he doesn't ask how my day was or if I'm busy, he just wants me to make him food? He's insane.
Completely.
Two can play at that game. I won't make anything for him.

After my long shift I was finally allowed to go home, at 7pm.
I park my car and notice Abdulhamid's car and Isah's car.

I casually walk in and see Abdulhamid and Ihsan seated, eating on the same plate.

"Welcome back" the sweet girl says smiling at me.
"Thanks, how was school?"

"It was okay". She says and continues eating.
I sit and stare on Abdulhamid waiting for his outburst.

"You're back" He asks smiling.
"Yes I am" I say uncomfortably.

Why the hell is he smiling?!
Why isn't he shouting?!

"Aren't you hungry? Here" he passes a take out container, a spoon and a plate.
I awkwardly, scaredly, uncomfortably pour out the food.

He wouldn't poison me in front of his daughter, right?

I slowly eat the food. If he's planning to kill me then unfortunately little Ihsan will have to witness it.