Lorna Morello- Bridesmaid (a)

"Y/N..." Morello gingerly tapped onto the side of your bunks bed.

"Oh hey Morello, come on, take a seat." You tapped onto the bad that you were sitting on, gesturing for her to sit next to you.

"Oh, I'm not interrupting anything am I?"

"No." You replied, chuckling lightly to yourself. "It's prison, nobody is ever really busy around here. Come on, how is the wedding planning going?"

"It's okay. I keep changing my mind on the colours." She shrugged. "I'm sure that Christopher will have something to say about it. He loves the colour blue, but I've just never had anything good to say about it. So anyway, the reason I'm here." She smiled from ear to ear and placed her hands gently onto yours.

"I had a question to ask you." All sorts of thoughts crossed through your mind.

"Would you..." She closed her eyes tightly as if she was scared to ask "... be my maid of honour?"

"Oh... wow... I mean..." Morello interjected.

"I know... I know... it's a bit early to ask. I still have quite a few years left, as do you."

"Thanks for reminding me."

"But there is nobody I would rather have at my side when me and Christopher finally tie the knot. Well get you a nice dress, get somebody to do your hair, your makeup..." She pulled a ragged magazine from behind her back. "I was thinking something like this look." She showed you a picture of a model in some fashion magazine, whose dress was out of reach for anybody in this place.

"I mean... I really am grateful that you offered me the opportunity... but are you sure there is nobody else you would rather have? I have only been in here for a few weeks." Morello giggled to herself.

"Don't be so silly." She lightly nudged your arm with her fist. "Since you got here you've been nothing but nice to me. Now come on, take the offer before I take it back."

You knew there was never going to be a wedding.

"Okay... sure, why not. Ill be your maid of honour Morello. But I'm not giving a speech and it had better be an open bar."

"It's a deal! I'm going to call Christopher right away! And by the way..." her voice became quieter and a tone more serious. "Don't tell any of the other girls, we wouldn't want them getting jealous."

~*~

Written by Aaron.